Thread: How do I resume my Spybot l.6.0 download?

Default How do I resume my Spybot l.6.0 download?

Late this morning, when I was doing a scan to find problems, the scan was interrupted 4 times with the message "There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files.......Includes\Malware.sbi" But when I clicked OK, the scan would continue, and it eventually ended with "Congratulations! No immediate threats were found." I'm curious what may explain the 4 interruptions.

But more importantly, after that, I was prompted to install Spybot 1.6.0, which I did. But I had to leave my apartment when it was only 52% downloaded, so I cancelled it. How do I resume the download process? I don't see an appropriate icon on my desktop.

The errors you were encountering in the scan was due to using a dated version of Spybot-Search&Destroy (1.4). The problem was that newer updates that were meant to be installed on later versions (1.6.0.30) were installed on a older version, thus causing definition incompatibilities.

Depending on your Internet Connection, downloading Spybot-SD will take some time. It would be roughly a 14MB file.

You can download it directly from SaferNetworking Servers (Spybot):
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    But more importantly, after that, I was prompted to install Spybot 1.6.0, which I did. But I had to leave my apartment when it was only 52% downloaded, so I cancelled it. How do I resume the download process? I don't see an appropriate icon on my desktop.
    Edit (in response to the quote): You will not be able to resume the download if you should cancel it, because it is directly downloaded from the browser.
    Last edited by drragostea; 2008-10-13 at 02:31.