I downloaded Spybot-S&D about two weeks ago. Afterwards, I noticed that my computer was doing a lot of hard-drive chattering. I looked in Windows Task Manager Processes screen and determined that TeaTimer.exe was constantly using the computer memory, sometimes up to 60% of it. I decided that I did not want Spybot-S&D on my computer because of that.

I used the uninstall program included with Spybot-S&D to uninstall the program from my computer.
I got the message: "Spybot - Search & Destroy uninstall complete. Some elements could not be removed. These can be removed manually."

I also received a message: "Spybot - Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed.
Category: System Startup user entry
Change: Value deleted
Entry: SpybotSD TeaTimer"

I used Windows Search to find all Spybot locations in the files and found several. I deleted all I found except advcheck.dll and TeaTimer.exe which were in the C:\Program Files\Spybot Search & Destroy folder. When I tried to delete TeaTimer.exe I got an error message: "Error Deleting File or Folder. Cannot delete TeaTimer: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."
By looking at Windows Task Manager Processes screen I can see that TeaTimer.exe is always in use.

Question: How do I stop TeaTimer.exe from running, so that I can delete it, and have Spybot-S&D completely removed from my computer ?

Can I use Windows Task Manager to stop TeaTimer.exe from running, and then delete it? Would that cause problems in the Registry or elsewhere?