Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PUPSC - MyWay.WebSearch removal?

Default PUPSC - MyWay.WebSearch removal?

My computer has recently been invaded by about 6 trojon virus' and have seemed to leave me with a PUPSC - MyWay.WebSearch which seems to have changed a registry key in HKEY User's... Was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of it because SPYBOT keeps saying it can't because it's being used - yet no matter how many times it starts on reboot it still can't get rid of it?

Thanks
    Sigs

Can you run a scan with Spybot-SD in 'Safe Mode' and see if that removes it?

If not, then you'll have to start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forums.

Safe mode just comes up with alot of writting and doesn't boot up - I'll move my question to the malware removal... thanks.

Sigs

Default PUPSC - MyWay.WebSearch removal?

I am having the same problem and have spent 2 days trying toi get it out of my computer. Can anyone help me?
    Tom
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-12-13 at 18:33. Reason: log removed

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

wietelcutt:

HijackThis logs are not analyzed in the Spybot-S&D forum. Please see:

Et al.:

Please be aware it is generally considered poor forum etiquette to jump in on (hijack) someone else's topic with your own problem. While everyone is certainly welcome to watch and contribute to any topic, to avoid confusion, please start a new topic when presenting a new problem. Although it may appear to be a similar, or even the exact same problem, very often the same symptoms on different system are caused by very different error conditions.

_____

Member wietelcutt has posted in the Malware Removal forum:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default error...

I'm sorry..go ahead and delete the post if you can. I realized it after I posted that it was in the wrong area. I can't delete it. I'm sorry!

Second malware forum topic closed.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=41462
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-12-13 at 18:35. Reason: added link

Default pupsc

i got rid of pupsc using spybot by running normally then running as administror then run on startup then run normally again this seem to get rid of it bit by bit

Smile Deleting PUPS

Quote Originally Posted by wietelcutt View Post
    I am having the same problem and have spent 2 days trying toi get it out of my computer. Can anyone help me?
    Tom
    RIGHT click icon and select 'run as administrator' open SPYBOT and scan, this will enable you to remove all selected items. John:

Smile PUPSC removal method

If you're still having problems with MyWay.MySearch PUPSC removal, I did a recent scan and had 181 problems listed although Norton and McAfee didn't acknowledge a problem. Since Spybot wouldn't premit me to remove via Recovery, I reran the program as an Administrator. When only a portion was removed I restarted the computer, reran the program and successfully removed the remaining programs. This is a time consuming method but it works. I've run into the problem on three laptops and used this method successfully on each. Be prepared, if you have a lot on your computer, to devote 2-3 hours for cleaning up the malware.
    Last edited by maitrise; 2009-12-26 at 11:10. Reason: typo

Hi maitrise,

to Safer Networking Forums.

Good method.

If one of you detects new variants of MyWebSearch, contact me (HJT or DDS logfiles would be good) and I'll create detection rules for TeamSpybot.

Take care.

Happy Safe Surfing!
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt