Thread: Spybot S&D exe is deleted

Default Spybot S&D exe is deleted

HELP

There has to be somthing funny going on... I can install some applications, but I notised that AVAST was not running... Strange, so on trying to reinstall it would just hang and then I noticed the Spybot S&D icon was not active. No exe file.

I can watch the directory and on install the exe goes in, but before my eyes it disapears :-( The same appears to be happening with AVAST ?

I have just noticed that in trying to solve this I installed ewido security suit - an anti-malware application and one of it's main exe's is also missing...

HELP
    Last edited by AngerManagement; 2006-04-07 at 12:03.

Hello,

Usually we would ask you to create a Spybot-S&D system report to look up if there is some new spyware that specially targets Spybot-S&D (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ And follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports about this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with "[Spybot Attacked]" (including the square brackets, but without the quotation marks). Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra
    Hello,

Usually we would ask you to create a Spybot-S&D system report to look up if there is some new spyware that specially targets Spybot-S&D (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ And follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports about this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with "[Spybot Attacked]" (including the square brackets, but without the quotation marks). Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Thanks but after a bit more work I found it :-)

"drvsyskit"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\Application Data\\hidires\\hidr.exe" A quich search suggests that hidr like to stop anit virus and otter apps from working.

Regards

Mark

Hi there.

If you could send the information as Sandra requested it could help towards Spybot-S&D detecting the malware.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016