Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pipas.a, please help. hjt log.

Ok, i fixed REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe and loaded the hosts file.
    this seems to have fixed the problems. Is there any other scans or tests i should run to confirm my system is clean?

i am running ewido anti malware, spywareblaster, ms system gaurd ,norton protection center and spybot sd resident. I also loaded ie-spyad.
    will this combination cause any conflicts/problems? also i am using the norton anti virus/firewall, in your opinion is this any good or do you recommend something else?

THANK YOU so much for your help, your awesome.

Smile

Ok i fixed REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe and intalled the hosts file and that seems to have solved the problem

is there any other scans/tests to verify that my system is clean?

Also, I'm now running;Ewido anti-malware, ms system guard,spyware blaster, norton protection center and spybot sd resident and i installed ie spyad,
    so you see any conflicts here?

I'm using Norton antivirus/firewall, what's your opinion on this product and is there one you think is the best.

THANK YOU for your help you are awesome.

Security Expert-Emeritus

You should be good to go

The programs you mention should'nt couse any conflicts.
    Im not to confident with norton, if you ever have a chance replace it, Nod32 by eset OR kaspersky are good choices , also there are free av's and firewalls mentioned here
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279

Security Expert-Emeritus

Im Glad we could help
    Since the problems are solved Im going to close the topic now, this keeps others with similar problems from posting there logs/question here, they should start a new topic.
    If you should need to post another log for the same PC let Me or Tashi know.