I started getting a lot of pop-up ads last week, ran Spybot S&D which said I have Virtumonde.prx. I ran "Fix problems," but it was unsuccessful. I ran McAfee Virus Scan (free AOL version), but it didn't identify any problems. I quit using my computer, but left it running, not connected to the Net except McAfee's regular updates. This morning McAfee left a window saying it had picked up and fixed a vundo trojan. I looked at the McAfee log, and it listed a bunch of files that it had quarantined. Hoping that updated McAfee definitions had fixed the problem, I ran Spybot S&D today, but it still identified Virtumonde.prx. I told S&D to "Fix Problems," and it gave me green checkmarks. I had read on the Spybot description of Virtumonde that I needed to disconnect my Internet connection and reboot after running a fix, so I did that, rebooting by cycling the power.

Now I get the blue screen with the message: "STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down."

I am using my laptop for this post, as I can't get past the blue screen on the infected desktop machine. Please help.

Due to work hours, it may take me awhile to respond to your instructions.