Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Immunize Internet Explorer Completely

Default Can't Immunize Internet Explorer Completely

Hi, I can't seem to completely immunize internet explorer using Spybot S&D version 1.4. It says 6 more immunizations possible. When I click to immunize it says everything is immunized. When I check again, the 6 more immunizations possible message is back. What's the problem? Thanks. Am using my webtv address as I can't access my computer email address right now. The pc had a virus and I'm still reinstalling it. I just hope this message doesn't mean the virus is back again! Sincerely, Kitty Uhlman

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

If you are running Windows 98, 98SE or ME, it is just a bug in the counting of immunized items and does not affect the actual immunization process.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default I am having the same problem

I am using Windows xp home edition sp2. After the lastest update, following immunization spybot says I have immunized 9744 products. The next time I check for immunizations, spybot tells me that there are 9735 products with 9 additional products that need immunization. I click on immunize, the green processing dots fill into the right and don't quite go to the end of the box. Spybot tells me that immunization is complete- 9744 products are immunized. I close Spybot, reopen it, check for needed immuniztions again and I'm back to the same problem. Spybot says there are 9735 products, with 9 additional products that should be immunized.

raj118:

Other than the problem mentioned above, the problem with not being able to fully immunizing usually is because of other products running in your system. Some third party Internet Explorer tools and anti-spyware products affect Spybot's immunization:
    • Cookie Pal removes cookie blocking registry entries put in place by Spybot.
    • Webroot’s Spy Sweeper IE Security Shield blocks some of the restricted zone entries that Spybot attempts to add to the registry.
    • Every once and a while immunizing with Spybot, Microsoft AntiSpyware reports that something is being added to the Trusted Sites Zone in Internet explorer. The report from Microsoft AntiSpyware is a false positive.
    • If you use other products such as SpywareBlaster, IE-Spyad, etc. that also add the same type of registry entries that Spybot uses and then remove those products, it can remove some of Spybot's immunization.

Please list other software that you run.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thank You

Thank you. I am using Windows me on my desktop computer, but my laptop uses windows xp service pack 2 and has the same problem. I do have IE-SPYADS installed in both computers. What do I need to do to fix the problem? Is there something in the IE-SPYADS that I need to take out of the restricted sites zone or something? I think IE-SPYADS is necessary, so please let me know what to do about this. Thanks. By the way, I also run Ad-Aware, Spyware Guard, and there is a spyware detection and removal program in my firewall, Zone Alarm Pro. Best Wishes, Kitty Uhlman aka Miskeepuff
    Last edited by Miskeepuff; 2006-04-09 at 20:09.

Oops! I fail to mention that ZoneAlarm has caused problems in the past by removing some of Spybot's immunization. Actually it was one entry and I thought because the problem had been report that it was resolved.

See the following thread starting on page #3, post #25:

Default Thank you

Thanks for the information. I temporarily disabled Webroot Spy Sweeper and then immunized Spybot. All immunizations were completed.

Default I DID Have That Trojan

In response to your mention of a possible bug in Zone Alarm Pro, I would like to point out that I actually DID have that trojan in my pc. I had to format the hard drive and reinstall windows (still working on it as I speak). That was a BAD thing! Made a big mess! I am not so sure this is still a bug in Zone Alarm Pro, so I would suggest making sure that website is in the restricted sites zone even if you have to enter it manually. Best Wishes, Kitty (Miskeepuff)

Default Can't Immuzine IE Either

I'm still getting 6 more immunizations possible when I try to immunize. I do it again and it seems to be fixed, then when I click on check again, the 6 are missing again. How do I fix this problem? I am running Zone Alarm Pro including their antispyware scanner and IESpyads. Help!

Do you have Windows 98,or Windows ME?