Thread: IE and anti-spyware? or firefox (and anti-spyware?)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default IE and anti-spyware? or firefox (and anti-spyware?)

hello all,
    so, after a few days of analyzing and fixing, rebooting, restore-pointing, installing, and lots of help and patience from ken545 (thanks again!), i started going thru the suggestion for how to avoid getting any malware in the future.
    what i have done so far is, installed all anti-malware suggested by ken545 here and on the other websites he pointed me to and installed all windows updates.
    one of the items mentioned is to use firefox over IE. my questions are:

- if i went thru all the anti-malware installations for IE, do i need to do it seperately for firefox? if so, how to do it differently so it applies to firefox?

- or, if i choose to use firefox instead of IE, do i need to do anything else extra at all, or is it that much safer using firefox?

- if i install firefox and import all settings from IE, does that include all the malware settings i have made/installed for IE?

i ask all these questions because now i want to do this for my wife's computer, unless there is a better way.

thanks for all your help!
    m
    Last edited by mboud; 2008-10-25 at 00:24. Reason: additions, spelling corrections