Thread: What is this?

Default What is this?

These seem to pop up in the order they are numbered, every time I start my pc up. I just built this pc about one month ago. Vista Ultimate 64x is the OS, not sure if that has anything to do with it. As for what is in start-up, I only have two programs, spybot, and nod32.

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0021vf5.jpg

Thanks in advance.
    KN

Lightbulb that is teatimer (spybot resident)

it offers protection by monitoring your registry for changes. For example, after installing a program or changing a setting, teatimer asks to confirm that you really want to do that. You can read more about teatimer here: http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/index.html

Read all the sections there under "teatimer".

If after reading the information provided in the links, and you still do not feel comfortable with teatimer, i suggest disabling it. Simply open spybot, click mode-advanced mode. Choose yes. Then click tools-resident. under resident, uncheck teatimer protection over all systems active. Close spybot and restart, everything should be fine now.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-10-26 at 18:53.

Well deleting Autocheck should only pose a problem if in the startup there is a windows boot error with a missing boot execution file (which would show up as AUTOCHK)
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit dual booted w/ XP Professional 64-bit, Intel QX9775 OC to 4.5GHz 1,600MHz FSB, 8GB DDR3, nForce 790i, 3x GeForce 280 OC video cards in SLI. (THE DREAM MACHINE IS MINE!)

Ah, sorry if I was kind of cryptic.

What I meant to say was what was causing all these registry changes every time I start my pc? They seem to be blank. It's not a huge deal if it is just part of Vista 64 bit, but it can be kind of a pain.

I use CCleaner and TuneUp Utilities to keep my register as error free as possible.

Not sure what that is though. I have seen it before, but not after EVERY reboot.

Thanks again for the replies.

Mark

Koreninja, look at md usa spybot fan's post on TeaTimer synchronization and see if that helps. The post's for an earlier version of TeaTimer, but it looks like it could still apply. The registry entries themselves are normal and nothing to worry about.
    Windows is shutting down, and grammar are on their last leg. [Clive James]