Thread: Total-Secure 2009

Default Total-Secure 2009

Every couple of minutes, a error message pops up and says that a virus has infected my system, would you like to install a removal tool? Not in those exact words but i click no and it takes me to this site that tells me to download Total-Secure 2009. Please help this is annoying and ive been trying to get rid of it for weeks, even Spybot S&D when fully updated won't delete it. please help. Also a bunch of weird processes pop up in task manager, list is below

wcm.exe
    wcs.exe
    iebtmm.exe
    iebtm.exe

and the iexplore.exe process won't go away and i never use internet explorer, i use firefox 3.0.3, and i know firefox isnt using that process because when i terminate the process, firefox is still up and when i terminate firefox, the process is still up. PLEASE HELP ME!
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit dual booted w/ XP Professional 64-bit, Intel QX9775 OC to 4.5GHz 1,600MHz FSB, 8GB DDR3, nForce 790i, 3x GeForce 280 OC video cards in SLI. (THE DREAM MACHINE IS MINE!)

oh and also a error message on the system tray also tells me to download some fake security software.
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit dual booted w/ XP Professional 64-bit, Intel QX9775 OC to 4.5GHz 1,600MHz FSB, 8GB DDR3, nForce 790i, 3x GeForce 280 OC video cards in SLI. (THE DREAM MACHINE IS MINE!)

Also another error just popped up and asked me to download Spyware.Cyberlog-X another fake program

Angry Annoying anti-virus malware popups

Every couple of minutes, a error message pops up and says that a virus has infected my system, would you like to install a removal tool? Not in those exact words but i click no and it takes me to this site that tells me to download Total-Secure 2009. Please help this is annoying and ive been trying to get rid of it for weeks, even Spybot S&D when fully updated won't delete it. please help. Also a bunch of weird processes pop up in task manager, list is below

wcm.exe
    wcs.exe
    iebtmm.exe
    iebtm.exe

and the iexplore.exe process won't go away and i never use internet explorer, i use firefox 3.0.3, and i know firefox isnt using that process because when i terminate the process, firefox is still up and when i terminate firefox, the process is still up. PLEASE HELP ME!

oh and also a error message on the system tray also tells me to download some fake security software.

Also another error just popped up and asked me to download Spyware.Cyberlog-X another fake program.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-10-26 at 02:35. Reason: Merged two topics

Hello,

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log, this one has been closed as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016