Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: junocass

Not really over a week... Every week promptly .
    If Normal Boot does not work, you'll have to try Safe Mode. Tap F8 during bootup to get to Safe Mode.

Then try running CCleaner (or ATF, whichever you prefer).

Guess I will have to put up with the message about the temporary files, as believe we have done everything possible to alleviate the situation. Really do not want to reinstall Spybot, as now that I have joined the forums, etc. would have to start all over again. Like so many things with the PC, maybe one day the message will disappear. Again, thank you to those who responded and tried to help.

I did not see your message yesterday ddragstea, didn't turn the page! Will try safe mode tomorrow, it is my bedtime.

Tried the safe mode method, but no go. As mentioned before, hopefully one day it will just take care of itself! Thanks again.

Hopefully it will, but it sounds disappointing. I feel persistent, so I'll give another solution.

I was just wondering if you could manually drag-and-drop the files to the Recycle Bin just like that.

Run "temp" and "%temp%" (no quotes).

Thanks again drragostea. I did what you said, except for dragging the files to the recycle bin. Am scared silly to do that, as Spybot says, when I ask them to remove the files, that 405 files are in use. Am not that educated in the workings of the computer, and if I mess things up, would not know how to right them again. The next time I have a technician come out to do some work, will have him check these files. I am persistent too, when something is not right, like to get it corrected, but just am not sure enough in this instance. If by some miracle, things change, will let you know. Hope you understand, because you have tried your darndest!!!

Fine by me. I'm betting the technician is going to offer a similar response .

Take care.

drragostea.

Quote Originally Posted by junocass View Post
    I did what you said, except for dragging the files to the recycle bin. Am scared silly to do that, as Spybot says, when I ask them to remove the files, that 405 files are in use.
    Don't be afraid--if the files are legitimately "in use," then Windows won't allow you to delete them in the first place. Other users have reported that Spybot has trouble deleting empty folders within TEMP folders, so perhaps that's what's happening to you.
    Windows is shutting down, and grammar are on their last leg. [Clive James]

Default Talked me into it!

YIPPEE! well, drragostea and jjjdavidson, you talked me into. Just went to that temp. folder and deleted everything in it. And you were right, I do NOT get the Spybot message about temp. files anymore. Guess I will have to quit be chicken, what do you think?

Eh, well miracles happen. You just didn't try first.