Thread: Spybot auto update and immunize feature should be added

Default Spybot auto update and immunize feature should be added

Spybot auto update and auto immunize feature should be added. Spybot is great application for finding malware. However, checking for updates on my five systems is time consuming and just does not get done everyday. I am now using MalwareBytes as my prime malware finding engine as their program has auto update and scan, which runs nightly. I think Spybot should do the same

Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Settings' - 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the left.
    There you will find many options to automate Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Furthermore, here is a FAQ about what command line parameters are available: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

btuner:

Quote Originally Posted by btuner View Post
    ... However, checking for updates on my five systems is time consuming and just does not get done everyday. ...
    Besides automating a process as suggested by spybotsandra:
    1. Only check for updates on one of the five systems. If you receive updates on that system, then attempt an update on the other systems.
    2. Updates to Spybot are currently normally done on Wednesdays (see Changes in update schedule: now wednesdays!). So taking into account the difference in international holidays and delays in publishing updates, if you attempted updates once a week on Thursdays, for example, it should limit your "… time consuming …" effort to keep Spybot updated on a daily basis.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Auto update should be an easy setup feature click

Sandra, thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes you can setup auto update in Spybot using command line switches and building Task Scheduler item that runs in the middle of the night, to do the update.

For me that is no problem as an MCSE, but I think Spybot the should add an easy to setup feature click for non- professional computer users.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

btuner:

Please see Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Scheduler.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.