Thread: Create process failed-code 740

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Create process failed-code 740

I got this message when installing S&D. (SDWinSec.Exe). With the explanatiom that the "requested operation requires elevation". I have no idea what this means nor what to do about it. I need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by whojim View Post
    I got this message when installing S&D. (SDWinSec.Exe). With the explanatiom that the "requested operation requires elevation".
    If you are running Windows Vista, you'll have to right-click on the Spybot install file (.exe) and click "Run as Administer".

Thanks for your advice. I'm not knowledgeable about all this-so do I right click on mit in Windows Explorer?

Yes, it would be the same as right-clicking any file.

Question Q about Error code 740

I have just received the same error message ("Code 740"). But it appears that the setup was successful and Spybot program functions. I updated it, for example. Then before exiting the program, I found this error message after the fact. So, there must have been "Creat Process Failure" during the installation.

Should I ignore the error? Or, should I reinstall Spybot anew with taking your suggeston "clicking right"? Please advise.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Palmtree:

I suggest you reinstall with elevated rights (right click on spybot160.exe and "Run as Administer"). See the discussion in this thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.