Thread: Spybot error message "recommended reboot and scan again"?!?!?!?!?!?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spybot error message "recommended reboot and scan again"?!?!?!?!?!?

Dear SpyBot Forum,

Is the message I received an error with Spybot? I googled and found a few other people had recently had the same message.

Can somebody please offer some advice?

I downloaded the latest spybot definitions today (November 3, 2008) and ran them and received this message "It is recommended you reboot and scan again. If you want to do this click "yes", save all open documents and reboot." I clicked no and stopped the scan.

I am running Spybot 1.6.0.30 and the message appeared when SpyBot was at 200,346/248,822 Virtumonde.sci.

I did the following:
    - Complete boot-time scan of all files with latest updated version of Avast Pro 4.8.1229 - ALL CLEAN
    - Complete scan of all files with latest updated version of SuperAntiSpyware - ALL CLEAN
    - Complete scan of all files with latest updated A-squared - ALL CLEAN
    - Complete scan with latest updated ZoneAlarm Pro Anti-Spyware Function - ALL CLEAN
    - Scan using Hijackthis analysed with http://www.hijackthis.de/ - ALL CLEAN - NO NASTIES (NO RED CROSSES).
    - Complete scan of all files with latest Lavasoft Ad-Aware - ALL CLEAN
    - Complete scan of all files with latest updated AVG anti-spyware - ALL CLEAN

I also followed the forum administrator's instructions at http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=35185 in rebooting and running SpyBot in safemode however the same message appeared at the same time.

I did not press 'fix all entries' after the scan and after further googling came across people who had fixed the entries only to have:
    - SpyBot still find the same entries
    - Blue screen of death appear on their computer once the scan is finished

Here is my setup:
    Windows XP SP3 - Fully updated and patched
    Avast 4.8.1229 - Fully updated
    ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.059.000 - Fully Updated
    Firefox 3.0.3 - Latest Version
    Superantispyware - Fully updated (Note: NOT RESIDENT - ONLY USED ON DEMAND)
    A-squared - Fully updated (Note: NOT RESIDENT - ONLY USED ON DEMAND)
    Lavasoft Adaware - Fully updated (Note: NOT RESIDENT - ONLY USED ON DEMAND)
    AVG Anti-Spyware - Fully updated (Note: NOT RESIDENT - ONLY USED ON DEMAND)
    SpyBot 1.6.0.30 - Fully updated for result please read above (Note: NOT RESIDENT - ONLY USED ON DEMAND)

I haven't noticed any abnormal behaviour of my computer, nor have I seen any strange messages etc.

Although I am not a computer expert, I am quite careful and use common sense in web browsing. For example I do not open any email from people I don't know or even emails I am not expecting from people I know.

Can somebody please offer some advice?

Many thanks,

Simon
    Last edited by Spybotuserr; 2008-11-04 at 17:59.