Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bad checksum!!!

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=199444&postcount=5
    -
    Try uninstalling it and reinstall it. Directions are in the link above for a clean removal.

I am using KIS 7 and SB 1.6 right now and for some reason I started getting the "Bad Checksum" also. I was suspicious of Kaspersky so I disabled it, cranked up my Windows Defender and did an update to it. Anyway, I ran the SB update and all went well, I think. What happens is when I click to download the SB updates, my SB main window closes and then reloads after the update. I don't remember if it always did that before. You might check your other security program. I guess I'm a gluten for punishment as I just renewed my subscription to KIS. Go figure???

ENIAC, Spybot [sometimes] tends to restart itself because an update for a program component like TeaTimer or SDHelper has been downloaded. Regular detection updates don't really make Spybot restart itself. And about KIS... they're kind of focusing on using brute force to eliminate competition... not so good of an impression . This thread is similiar but will give you a general idea "conflicts" in KIS:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=41589
    -
    Just giving my thoughts, not really going off topic here .

Sorry for the late reply drragostea, been busy around here lately. I kind of figured SB was doing what it was supposed to do. I don't intend on doing away with SB for anything. Would somebody please tell me again, why the hell did I buy a new subscription to KIS? LOL Honestly, I do like KIS but, they are acting a fool by treating SB the way they are. Of course you and I are a minority in their eyes and they could care less. They are focusing on the millions of "I only need Kaspersky and nothing else" crowd. I guess I will just have to go through the headache of re-installing SB after I run the upgrade to KIS 09. I sure don't have the respect for it I used to have.

Merry Christmas to all who believe in Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ENIAC 2 View Post
    Would somebody please tell me again, why the hell did I buy a new subscription to KIS? LOL
    I believe Kaspersky won't stop annoying you during installation. However, you can always bypass that by installing Spybot after KAS is installed.

If you really like KIS, I can't disagree to that. I respect that.

Thank you for the vote of confidence on KIS drragostea.
    I was planning on a SB uninstall before the Kasper upgrade and yes, I do still like Kaspersky but I just don't like their tactics. I'll learn to live with it I guess. Also, thank you for all of your expertise help and Happy Holidays too to you and yours.