Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad checksum!!!

Default via BN mirror..

The integral updater applet reports success, even though http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html does not seem to have more recent than Detection updates© 2008-10-29 available for separate dl ..

Lightbulb I'm....

not having any problems at all......mine has been updating quite fine. What internet connection are you people that are having problems here using?

Dial up, highspeed?

Default Me 2

In the U.S., running MSN dial-up. SB SnD 1.6, T Timer off and IE browser running. It's the 8th of Nov. already and I just discovered this problem yesterday since I only crank SB SnD up about every three weeks. I'm very patient though because I know it will be fixed before the world comes to an end and before Pepi starts charging us for this absolutely marvelous critter gitter.
    I did donate 30 bucks though so I feel goooood about myself.
    Last edited by ENIAC 2; 2008-11-08 at 23:24.

ENIAC, a slow connection might be the culprit for the bad checksums error.

Can you try another server?

Default Bad Checksum

I'm in Canada on high speed.

I finally managed to get the updates downloaded on November 5th or 6th.

If you have received a bad-checksum, it has been fixed already after November 5th.

It's kind of difficult repeating myself, when all the information is already in the thread.

Thank you for the reply drragostea. Now that I think about it, my problem may not be related to this topic because when I click to download from any server, SBs main interface closes then reloads. Then the download window pops back up still saying "Bad checksum". I haven't checked my KIS 07 to see if it could be the culprit. Guess I should do that huh? Well. that didn't work. I deleted all the app rules in my firewall and now I get "Error retrieving update info file" when I click to check for updates but the program doesn't shut down anymore. I think it's time to re-install since it was closing and reloading. Thanks for the help and I'll post back.

P.S. I'm averaging 40k connection speed so that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Hrm, Kaspersky AV 2007 shouldn't have anything to do with this, and connection is fine. I mean a dial-up connection can download the updates with no problems.

What version of Spybot-SD are you running (Help>About)? You can open the program with no problems right?

I am getting the same error. Just tried updating now...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    If you have received a bad-checksum, it has been fixed already after November 5th.

It's kind of difficult repeating myself, when all the information is already in the thread.
    littlebity: