Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Immunization dont work

Quote Originally Posted by piranha View Post
    i am still with FF v2.0.0.18 and have now more than 30000 items not immunized
    Can you post a screen shot of the immunisation screen so it is clear exactly which items are immunised, and which ones are not.

Quote Originally Posted by piranha View Post
    I just updated my spybot 1.6.0.31
    May I just ask how you got version 1.6.0.31?

I used to have that version before. Recently I uninstalled Spybot, downloaded the Spybot install file again, and I now got 1.6.0.30. I have updated Spybot and it still says version 1.6.0.30.

I don't know how/why I got version 1.6.0.31 before.
    I'm not complaining, actually I think 1.6.0.30 works better. Just curious.

To answer your question specifically, v.1.6.0.31 is only offered when you upgrade from v.1.5.2.20 to the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Can you post a screen shot of the immunisation screen so it is clear exactly which items are immunised, and which ones are not.
    http://www.internetaumax.org/images/...008_103747.JPG

http://www.internetaumax.org/images/...008_103755.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    To answer your question specifically, v.1.6.0.31 is only offered when you upgrade from v.1.5.2.20 to the latest version.
    i am sure i did not upgrade to v1.6.0.31 from v.1.5.2.20

piranha, there seems to be multiple profiles or user accounts on your machine.

Alright try this. Close all your browsers. And Immunize from a Administer Account. You'll have to click on the Immunize tab (Shield) and then the Immunize button (Green Cross).

piranha,

Unfortunately I don't think drragostea's suggestion will actually fix the problem in your case.

You have three account in play here, the Administrator account, an account for Michel that has administrator rights, and a user (limited) acount for Amis.
    In an earlier post you said

In my administrator profiles, I only have an "hostperm.1" file of 957 ko....

In my limited rights profiles, I only have "permissions.sqlite" file (0 ko)
    The first thing you need to do is to close any open browsers, and also make sure SpybotSD is also closed

Do NOT reopen Spybot until the steps below have been done.

Next delete the "permissions.sqlite file in the limited account.
    Now log on in to the limited account (Amis), and start Firefox.
    Goto Tools/Options then open the Privacy Tab. In the cookie area click on the exceptions button, then add a site. It's not important what that site is, so for example you could use www.google.com and give it "allow" status.
    Click on close, OK, then exit Firefox. This will have created a Hostperm.1 file for the user (limited) account and importantly will also have primed it.

Now log off of the restricted account and log onto the Michel account which has admin rights.

Now start Spybot. Go to the immunise screen and first undo all immunisations. This may take some time to complete as removal of immunisations from Firefox is fairly slow - be patient.
    Once the undo has completed, re-immunise. This should be somewhat faster.

Hopefully this will fix the problems.

I suspect the number 20 that appears through the immunisation entries is new entries that had not yet been immunised when the screen shots were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    piranha, there seems to be multiple profiles or user accounts on your machine.

Alright try this. Close all your browsers. And Immunize from a Administer Account. You'll have to click on the Immunize tab (Shield) and then the Immunize button (Green Cross).
    I always immunize from a administrator account.

Greyfox

thanks for your suggestion, i will try it as soon as possible

Default Fixing a PC with Admin only

Hi,

I have the same issue described by Piranha.

Before upgrading from 1.5x to 1.6.0.31, the PC had 160,000 threads fully recognized and immunized.
    Now it shows about 240,000 threads and 30,000 not immunized.

My PC runs under Windows XP Pro SP3 w/ Mozilla 2.0.18 and IE 6.0.

Since I have no Guest accounts but Administrator accounts only , which is the suggested procedure to try a fix?

Thanks,
    Giovanni69
    Last edited by giovanni69; 2008-12-06 at 13:39.

Giovanni, Mozilla Firefox 3.0.4 is available for Windows XP Home/Professional Edition. Try upgrading and see how it goes.

giovanni69,

If you change to Firefox 3.4, make sure you completely uninstall Firefox 2.0.18first. The suggestion I provided for piranha does not really apply to Firefox 3 so if the upgrading doesn't fix your problem, don't apply that suggestion.

If you want to stay with Firefox 2.0.18 then you need to look at the profile for every account and determine which ones have hostperm.1 and which ones have permissions.sqlite, then follow the procedure I suggested to piranha. If they all have a hostperm.1 file, make sure spybot is not running then open the Firefox browser from each account in turn and prime its hostperm.1 file by adding a cookie as detailed in my previous post. When that has been done for each account, then do the immunisation from an account that has administrator rights.

Please post back and let us know what happens.