Thread: Is SpyFader a threat?

Default Is SpyFader a threat?

Is SpyFader a threat?

A couple of times today when I tried to log out of one of 3 accounts on my XP SP2 system, a message popped up saying something about SpyFader having to be stopped. Googling is inconclusive about SpyFader.

I searched the Registry and didn't find SpyFader.

My Win XP SP2 PC is periodically quite slow, and most of the time when I try to log out of the same account (as above) the system hangs and I must put it to sleep or reboot to awaken it and continue. I use AOL 7.0, and it occasionally freezes after much web surfing; if I log out of the account and back in, it works OK again.

I run SpyBot, Free Internet Window Washer and JKDefrag every couple of days.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am sorry, but we do not have the SpyFader file in our database yet.

Could you please send us a Spybot Bug Report and a Hijackthis log to detections(at)spybot.ino ?
    Thanks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default SpyFader - A paucity of information

I wish I could send a Spybot Bug Report or a Hijackthis log, but I only saw "SpyFader" briefly a couple of times. As I said, I Googled it after I saw it; other people have seen it (mainly at start-up and shutdown, I think), but no one had a clear answer as to what it is.

Steve

Default SpyFader

I have had the same issue re: SpyFader. One morning my PC was running extremely slow so I pulled up task manager. As I toggled from processes to applications I briefly caught a glimpse of "SpyFader" and then it never reappeared.
    I cannot find this anywhere on my PC but I suspect it is deeply buried somewhere. I keep trying to find it again on task manager with no luck.

Any ideas?