Thread: Spybot Stopped Working on My Computer

Post Spybot Stopped Working on My Computer

Pentium4 3.2GHz
    2GB RAM
    Windows XP Pro SP3 (all up dates always kept up to date)
    IE 7

I use Spybot S&D v 1.60 and keep it updated.

I also have Symantec Norton SystemWorks 2008 with Norton Antivirus, always kept up to date. In addtion, I have always used spybot with these programs.

Norton Reports: No Spyware, No Worms, Trogens or Viruses.

Suddenly Spybot no longer works. I uninstall, and reinstall from Safer Networks.

Still I receive the following error message: (in title bar of message: ) "Windows - No Disk" (In the main box of the message) is a big red X and it reads: Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75bf7c..." Then the tab buttons: "Cancel" "Try Again" Continue". All of which do nothing, and not until I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose to end the process "SpybotSD.exe" can I get rid of that box.

Why is this happening all of the sudden, My computer seems to be working perfectly. I uninstalled spybot, allowed Norton to clean the registry and look for errors, checked the Hard drive for errors, and am at a loss at what else to do.

I've never yet had any spyware, in all the years I've used Spybot, nor have I ever had a virus or worm etc, because I only use the internet for research and don't go to sites where one could get these problems, and Norton Scans my incoming and outgoing emails.

But I like to run my utilities, keep my hard drive defragmented and use the immunization feature from spybot. I want my spybot back.

Can anyone make sense of my problem and guide me to resolve it?

Thanks,
    Larry
    Last edited by larryjg364; 2008-11-14 at 19:48. Reason: there was a smiley when I hit the colon and end parentesis keys, which was not intended!

Angry I can't Edit My Post And I want to reword it a bit.

Pentium 4 3.2GHz
    2GB RAM
    Windows XP Pro SP3 (all up dates always kept up to date)
    IE 7

I use Spybot S&D v 1.60.30 and keep it updated.

I also have Symantec Norton SystemWorks 2008 with Norton Antivirus, always kept up to date. In addtion, I have always used spybot with these programs.

Norton Reports: No Spyware, No Worms, Trogens or Viruses.

Suddenly Spybot no longer works. I uninstalled it, rebooted, used my registry cleaner, rebooted, and then reinstalled Spybot from Safer Networks. But there was no change.

I tried running it in Safe Mode, still it does not work.

Still I receive the following error message: (In the title bar of the message box: ) "Windows - No Disk."

(In the main box of the message) is a big red X and it reads:

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75bf7c..."

Then the tab buttons: "Cancel" "Try Again" Continue". All of which do nothing, and not until I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose to end the process "SpybotSD.exe" can I get rid of that box.

Why is this happening all of the sudden, My computer seems to be working perfectly. I allowed Norton to clean the registry and look for errors, checked the Hard drive for errors, and am at a loss at what else to do.

I've never yet had any spyware, in all the years I've used Spybot, nor have I ever had a virus or worm etc, because I only use the Internet for research and don't go to sites where one should get these problems, and Norton Scans my incoming and outgoing emails.

I am very careful with my computer. Before shutting down daily, I empty my temp files empty, get rid of all junk files, and history. I run a registry check. I use Javacools MRU blaster, and keep Javacool's SpywareBlaster up to date. I do Frequent virus checks with NAV, and defragment my hard drive weekly with Perfect Disk 2008. Security is kept high, firewall is in place.

Suddenly, Spybot won't work. I want my spybot back.

Can anyone make sense of my problem and guide me to resolve it?

Thanks,
    Larry

Lightbulb

Read The Infomation in THIS thread.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Default No Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Read The Infomation in THIS thread.
    I went through every link, in your post and in the posts that you sent me to. I tried every thing that each person tried without sucess.

I didn't understand the question "What is assigned to drive C of your system"

My computer is stand alone,not networked. Nothing is assigned to Drive C. Does this question mean what periferals are being used? No peripherals have changed, or were added. As a matter of fact, and no version changes to spybot either. My OS and Spybot versions are already posted.

Nothing is in the USB ports that hasn't always been there.

I have had this version of spybot and it has worked well until yesterday.

As I said earlier, I Spybot in safe mode - no difference.

I had run Norton disk doctor chkdsk and chkdsk/f no change. I tried the links suggested.

Nothing else is labled "C" under disk management, and the disk is reported to be healthy.

I checked out the Microsoft web page given and followed instructions, everything check out ok. No difference with spybot.

It seems my computer is running perfectly. All of my programs are running perfectly. Norton Anti Virus scans for spyware as well, and reports no viruses or spyware.

Java cool has spywareblaster which is sort of the imumization that spybot has is kept up to date as is Windows, my drivers, and all my utility programs.

I tried all of your suggestions, examined my system, ususally can figure things out myself and often help others freely to fix their software problems. But every now and again, I run into one that I can't figure out, and so ask a forum. In doing so, I not only can learn how to fix my own PC's problems, but help friends fix theirs. And I don't take a penny for anyone, might work on their problem for daaysor even expect a "Thank you." This is just my nature.

I'm an RN, but I enjoy working on computers as a hobby. As a matter of fact, I built this one about 5 years ago myself. Spent thousands of dollars, researched each component, put in my own cooling system, open it up and clean it out carefully now and again, installed my own software, and not had a problem with anything until today. And the only problem I have is that spybot won't run.

No one else has access to my computer. In addition to Norton's Firewall, I run it through a router via ethernet, not wireless for additional protection.

I keep this computer safe. My downloads are mimimal and only accept active X's from reputable well known companies, such as adobe, (flash and shockwave)

So, any other ideas?

Larry

Lightbulb

"I didn't understand the question "What is assigned to drive C of your system"

What I meant was, if you have 2 or more hard drives installed on your machine (e.g. a C Drive and a D Drive) did you install Spybot on a drive OTHER than C?

Default Haven't Made Any Changes

"I didn't understand the question "What is assigned to drive C of your system"

What I meant was, if you have 2 or more hard drives installed on your machine (e.g. a C Drive and a D Drive) did you install Spybot on a drive OTHER than C?
    I do have a 2nd hard drive, always have, and Spybot is only installed on Drive "C". What puzzels me is, there has been no problem with my set up and running spybot in the past. No set up changes, No new hardware, no new software. Though I do keep all software updated, including Windows. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spybot with no change in results. This problem seems to have simply spontaneously happened, and I have no idea as to why and how to rectify it

Exclamation

This is a long shot but try the advice listed HERE.

Default It Worked!

This is a long shot but try the advice listed HERE.

Your long shot worked! In Device Mananger, I disabled my floppy drive and USB drives and rebooted. Spybot ran perfectly.

While it was running, I then re-enabled each device one at a time. Only one USB device caused an error making that error screen appear. I don't know what the device goes to as everything is working perfectly. So I left that one disabled and the error message went away.

Now, so that I can help others with their computers, like I said, I help my friends and family and take what ever time I need to help them for free, Can you please tell me WHY this worked. I'd like to understand the process behind it.

Thanks,

Larry

Talking

I'm as amazed as you are that this worked and as to WHY it works I haven't got a clue, maybe one of the other Forum mebers would know ?

I'm just glad that I could help.
    Last edited by Terminator; 2008-11-15 at 20:33. Reason: Fixed Typo

I'm as amazed as you are that this worked and as to WHY it works I haven't got a clue, maybe one of the other Forum mebers would know ?

I'm just glad that I could help.
    --------

And I just want to take a moment to say Thank You very much for your help. It is appreciated.

Larry