Thread: Spybot on Vista, not showing as active on user accounts

Default Spybot on Vista, not showing as active on user accounts

Just installed spybot on new computer. Running Vista Home premium 32 bit. It does not appear that spy bot is working on the user accounts (i.e. nothing on icon bar) and have to immunize each user separately.

Is there a way to get Spy bot to look at and protect all user accounts?

Thanks

What icon bar?
    Run Spybot-SD as Administer: Right-click the desktop icon and click "Run as Admin". You must do this from the Administer account of your Vista machine. Then Immunize. Updating and Immunizing from a Admin account will do the same for the other accounts.

Default So it is working?

I ran spy bot on the administrator account, and immunized. Then when I switched to a standard user's account, and opened spybot, it asks me to make a registry back up again, and then i go to immunize, and it shows that that user account has not been immunized. Also, I don't see any icon in the system tray, ie, the littel lock icon.

Are you telling me that spybot is working on all the user accounts even when the admin is not signed in?

Thanks

The icon you are referring to is the Resident Shield, TeaTimer.
    I'm not sure why, but it seems like Spybot is taking this Standard Account as a fresh install...

When you install Spybot, it will also be installed on any other account that is active.

I believe your query can be best answered by a Spybot Team Member.

Default Anyone that can give me advice on the vista user accounts?

I am setting up this computer for my kids, and I want them to use standard accounts, not the admin account. But I feel much safer with spybot active on their accounts.

I would have thought that Spybot would work on all accounts when it is installed and also give the visual confirmations that it is indeed working, i.e. the tea timer icon, showing immunizations as in place for these accounts.

Hopefully someone can give me an answer.

Thanks

Hello,

It does also work on user accounts, but you have to activate it there manually.
    Immunize the accounts, then run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can tick the checkboxes in front of the two tools.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot