Thread: Shortcut Icon

Default Shortcut Icon

I just down-loaded a bunch of up-dates and it looks like the down-load also changed the entire program to the latest ver. Now when I click the short-cut desktop icon it takes me to the to the setup wizard as if I'm loading the program for the first time. I have done that several times and each time I end up with the setup wizard. The only way I can run the program is to go to the start menu and click on the icon there. When I go that route it takes me to the program. In addition there now is an icon in the Task Tray with a lock attatched, when I put the mouse pointer on same it says "Spybot-SD Resident Etc.". I did now delete the desktop icon so can any one help me?
    Unclemarine

If you are running XP, go through the start up menu until you find the Spybot group, highlight either the entry that says Spybot - Search & Destroy or Spybot - Search & Destroy (advanced) which ever you want to use, right click on it, then select send to, then Desktop (create shortcut).

The icon with the padlock on it in the task bar is for Teatimer. If you don't want to use teatimer (and if you don't fully understand how it works then I recommend you don't use it) start the Spybot program, put it into Advanced mode, then goto Tools->Resident and untick the Teatime box. Exit spybot. I would suggest you reboot to see the the icon no longer appears in the task bar.