Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: windows mobile 6.1 error

Lightbulb windows mobile 6.1 error

I have Windows Mobile 6.1 on a sprint touch. im trying to run spybot ver 0.3 on my pocketpc. When i try to run a scan i get a error AdvancedCheck Failed. Could not load library \program files\spybot\spybotadv.dll. I checked and the file does exist, located on the main memory. I have tried to reinstall and re-download the setup. nothing changed. Any help on this i would greatly appericate it. Thanks
    Joey

When we created the last updates for the mobile edition two weeks ago I think, we tested on 6.1 for the first time without problems.

The Touch Sprint already comes with 6.1, right? (just to know that its not one of those home cooked things )
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

The Sprint wm 6.1 update is offical from the htc website. Under settings it shows Windows mobile 6.1 professional ce os 5.2.19208 (build 19208.1.0.1).

I have an HTC Touch HD and the problem I have is almost identical except that I can't find the dll anywhere on my device! Any help would be appreciated. Maybe attach the dll file here so we can add it manually?

I Wish i could upload it here for u. At least you might it get it to work. I copied the file compressed it to zip then found out there is a limit on zip files of 97.7kb. The zip file is 222kb. In the setup Cab file there are three files, the file named s5hbn1~j.002 should be the file spybotadv.dll. It just needs to be extracted and renamed. the file on my phone spybotadv.dll , has the same date and size as the compressed file. You might give it a try.

Angry

Has anybody found a way to fix this yet? I still can't get it working even with trying those steps. If I explore my phone through my computer I can see the .dll file, but for some reason when I search through my phone I can't see it. This is before renaming the other file. I get the same results after.

Check and see if the attributes for dll file is hidden. Im not for sure but i think spybot just needs some minor tweaking. I have had other programs like mundu radio quit working after the wm6.1 update, until they gave me a unrealsed version that fixed the loading problem. Lets only hope.

PepiMK, is there any software that i can run on my ppc that will give you a better idea of whats going on? if theres any to to provide more info to get this issue resolved id love to help. thanks.

Default Another failure case

I also have the error accessing that specific DLL when trying to load the latest mobile version.

I have AT&T's HTC Fuze ... which is AT&T's branded version of the HTC Touch Pro (AKA 'Rafael'). It hasn't been unlocked or ROM cooked in any way (yet).

I have the same symptoms. Where the built-in file explorer for Win Mo does not show the file, but the PC's file explorer while Active Sync connected sees that the file exists. (Is that possibly normal behavior for Win Mo and DLL's?)

I loaded "Total Commander" file manager on the device and it shows the file and shows that it does not have the hidden or system file property.

Possibly an unrelated symptom ... but before even attempting the scan or receiving the DLL error, the software does not seem to be able to read the battery/charging status.

Does the DLL have to be registered and is there a tool I can try to view it's registration status? A cursory google search for registering DLL's on Win Mo didn't provide much beyond the application dev info. Nothing I could use for diagnostics.

I'd be happy to help test a solution as there aren't many alternative security apps I've found that work on Win Mo and are fully free to use.

Default Any word yet?

I am in the same boat, I have an ATT Tilt (aka HTC TyTnII) and when I load Spybot it says that there is no battery even though it is fully charged AND plugged into an outlet. Also , I get the same "cannot find spybotadv.dll" error message when I try to run a scan. I am running WM 6.1 and the spybotadv.dll file is definitely in the proper folder, etc.