Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me uninstall tea timer

Default help me uninstall tea timer

I installed spybot & the tea timer. I didnt want the tea timer so I uninstalled spybot but the tea timer is still here with no way to uninstall? its not in my add remove programs & cant find any self uninstall. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

tsnithe:

Have you rebooted the system?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Lightbulb just to double check...

You do know you can just turn off teatimer and still use the spybot program to scan correct? You do not need to uninstall spybot. To turn off teatimer: Open spybot-click mode advanced mode. Click yes. Then go to tools-resident. uncheck teatimer protection over all systems active. Also, you were supposed to exit out of teatimer before uninstalling spybot. It says that before uninstalling it tells you to exit out of teatimer in the help file. You might need to reinstall spybot if a reboot does not clear teatimer, and then completely remove spybot, making sure this time you exit out of teatimer first.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-11-18 at 20:39.

I unistalled spybot when tea timer was OFF. I have rebooted & its all still here. I reinstalled spybot, rebooted, turned off tea timer then uninstalled, & it is still here. I dont just want it turned off, I want it off my pc.

Lightbulb try this.....

First exit out of teatimer. Then, go into my computer-c drive, (or whatever drive spybot was installed on) then program files. spybot search and destroy-> after in that folder, click tools, folder options. click the view tab, then under hidden files and folders, click show all hidden files and folders. then scroll down and uncheck hide protected operating system files. click ok. Delete everything in the spybot folder. (assuming you have already uninstalled spybot again.) Then go back into folder options after everything is deleted, and undo what i told you to change in folder options. Make sure hide protected operating system files is checked marked again.

Then, restart the computer. Now is it still there?

Also, you might want to download the removal tool from this link which will remove all registry entries as well. If you do this, use internet explorer to navigate to the link. You will get a message saying something has been added to the registry. The fix is complete and added to the registry. On the next system restart, it will remove all registry entries that dealt with spybot. This way spybot is completaly removed from your system. This is a very weird problem that i have not seen before, i hope this works out for you. Let us know what happened, and keep us posted. I hope everything goes well!
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-11-19 at 19:13.

Its still here after doing all that....

I was one of the lucky ones that had the FP hellzlittlespy from spybot. It cost me 2 weeks & over $300 to fix my pc. So I havent done anything with spybot for months until now, & now I have teatimer trouble.

I will pass on the suggestion to get the removal tool as it will probably do something else bad to my pc. I will just leave the teatimer alone & hope it or spybot doesnt do anything more to mess me up.

Smile teatimer!

I tried everything that I've read in the blogs. Uninstall--reinstall, don't check the teatimer box, reboot, and so on. Was able to get rid of everything except the ONE teatimer.exe. Guess what!! I renamed the extention to .jpg!! IT DON'T WORK NO MORE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    (...) Also, you might want to download the removal tool from this link which will remove all registry entries as well. If you do this, use internet explorer to navigate to the link. You will get a message saying something has been added to the registry. The fix is complete and added to the registry. On the next system restart, it will remove all registry entries that dealt with spybot. This way spybot is completaly removed from your system. This is a very weird problem that i have not seen before, i hope this works out for you. Let us know what happened, and keep us posted. I hope everything goes well!
    I happened to use spyboot 2.2, and then I switched to spyboot 1.6.2. Both versions ran together with another antivirus program I installed as my main antimalware protection. I think teatimer was disabled, but I’m not sure if all the time. I might have activated it temporarily to test this facility yet before I learned that it could cause a conflict with my antivirus. Now spyboot is uninstalled because I noticed some problems with the performance of my main antivirus. I had to delete manually some catalogues belonging to spyboot (C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy ; C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2; C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy – one of these operations demanded turning my computer on in the safe mode, I don’t remember which one). Now I would like to get rid of all registry entries that spyboot 1.6.2 has created before I install 2.2 version again. I browsed the registry looking for the content that one can find in your link (http://www.safer-networking.org/file...d-settings.reg), but I found only these positions instead:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "SpybotSD TeaTimer"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\TeaTimer.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Spybot2.SDSFile]
    @="Spybot script"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Spybot2.SDSFile\DefaultIcon]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\\SDScript.exe\",0"

I guess that only the first one has been created by 1.6.2 version. Can I simply delete it without damaging my system? I have Windows 8 if it matters.
    Last edited by user_; 2013-12-05 at 02:08.

Till now I didn’t know what to do with your link, but I’ve just learned that if I copied your code into a text file (notepad), changed its extension to .reg and opened it, it’d make some changes in my registry. Is it safe to use this code in Windows 8?

Default Why? To help with my knowledge

[QUOTE=tsnithe;254398]I installed spybot & the tea timer. I didnt want the tea timer so I uninstalled spybot but the tea timer is still here with no way to uninstall? its not in my add remove programs & cant find any self uninstall. How do I get rid of it?

Why do you want to remove it? Puppy love from Iinventing Joy & the Furry Folk