Thread: virtumonde and something else

Default virtumonde and something else

I have been following spybot instructions to remove the virtumonde virus and have been unsuccessful. Now, something has gone terribly wrong with my internet explorer. It just starts redirecting to all a different websites one after another, there will be about 20 open web pages in less than 5 seconds! I do not know a lot about computers when it comes to this and find the other posts and suggestions to be confusing. Please help as I cannot even use that computer anymore and I need it.

Hi there,

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic providing the HJT log, this one has been closed as helpers look for threads without a response.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default something and virtumonde

I have read the sticky note! I find it confusing and hard to understand as I am apparently computer stupid. I have been unsuccessful at trying to remove virtumonde from my computer using spybot and its instructions. I also now seem to have another problem with my internet explorer where it just goes crazy and opens up about 20 other websites in about 5 seconds and keeps going even when I close my browser, and turn my browser to work offline. At the moment I am using another computer because it seems I cannot use the infected computer without being flooded with websites. I have telus internet security and spybot on that computer and the telus security which is provided by my internet provider, telus. The telus security finds some spybot files to be viruses too. I need help but like I said I find a lot of what I have read on this site to be confusing and do not understand the instructions, like what where given to a gavos for the virtumonde removal in another post.

Default how to make a hijack log?

I have never done or had to deal with anything like this and do not even know how or where to find a hijack log. Can someone help with simple instructions, step by step?

Post fire wall bypass, virtumonde.ll, .prx-spybot says they are fixed but they are not.

I have tried to remove these from my computer and have had no luck with spybot, even following the instructions to be disconnected from the internet. I do not know what a hijack log is, so I do not have one to upload. I have read several of the other posts and and it seems like I am having similiar problems. Spybot says infections are fixed but they are not. Virus keeps coming back. web browswer redirects to other websites of various adds including ones that say my computer is infected with malware...anitvirus 2009? On startup I keep getting a system32 runsomething error because the file cannot be found. I had downloaded something form isohunt using bit torrent a few months ago and this is when this started.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-11-28 at 20:53. Reason: Four topics merged

Hello jordana,

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Please do not start more than one topic for the same computer, during the same period. It will either be removed, or merged with your original thread.
    HJT Logs
    To produce a log, run Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2, not Beta, HijackThis v1.99.1. or any other version.

HiJackThis log - Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2
    Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
    • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents of the log (no attachments) into your (Click --> ) own new topic

• DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
    • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what HJT lists will be harmless or even required by your Operating System, a helper will guide you.

Provide: The HJT log only.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...50&postcount=2

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default thank you

thank you