Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Windows95 - USER32.DLL Error/I know its been posted before, BUT...

Quote Originally Posted by Biskalar
    Are Windows XP or Windows2000 secure? No!!!
    I'm using Win95 for years without any virus, malware ...
    that is highly debatable, Biskalar. Win2000/XP with their built-in security features are actually more secure than Win95/98/ME. If win2k/xp users figure out how to use those security features, they can actually make win2k/xp more secure.

All i wanted to say is that there is other software available and people should use there brain before clicking on links or open mails from unknown people/companies. There are also some risk to open mails (attachment) even from well known people, cause there pc get infected.
    indeed, people need to be well educated on how to make their computers safe and secure regardless of what kind of OS they have installed on their machines.

Default personal firewalls are NOT useless

Personal Firewall are useless!!!
    that is also debatable. they can be useful if users can learn how to use them. surely PC users cant just rely solely on them

Default any kind of firewall is essential for broadband connections

in fact ANY kind of firewall [hardware, software, personal or business, etc.] is essential when using always-on, high speed broadband internet connections like DSL, cable, sattelite and LAN. always-on broadband connections are always open to security breaches, viruses and other threats. installing any firewall will provide some protection for users with high-speed broadband connections.