Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TeatTimer 1.6.3.25 is using 52 MB of RAM

Lancelot,

There are no real benefits from adopting a policy of keeping real memory usage to a minimum regardless, if you have plenty of it to spare. In fact in many cases the use of more real memory can bring advantages in performance, and Teatimer is an example of this.

The default mode (conserving memory) allows it to be used "as is" by a wider range of users, however if you do have 1GB to 4GB memory now common in newer machines, then the alternative mode using more memory (but still really a drop in the bucket) gives a significant performance improvement.

Whilst fairly large, the following thread will give you some background about some of the changes to Teatimer.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30994

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Lancelot,

if you do have 1GB to 4GB memory now common in newer machines, then the alternative mode using more memory (but still really a drop in the bucket) gives a significant performance improvement.
    My pc predates Vista. I have upgraded the memory department alot, it's now 320 MB. For older software it is more than enough. But I can't let everything not needed run in the background.

Thanks for the link.

Default Teatimer Hog also - any answers to WHy?

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...light=lilacbay

from my posting (listed above) I have had no answer as to Why TEATIMER requires CPU - allocation.

I cannot figure out WHAT Teatimer does with this hog of cpu - there seems to be no one answering besides " guess its 'normal' " and " you can turn it off" - Why is it here anyway - I thought it was to help w/spy cks some how

just adding that there are more people querying the hogness of Teatimer....
    Lilac Bay

Esteemed Member

lilacbay,

After reviewing your posts in various threads, it would appear your problem is less related to RAM than processor, so this thread isn't the appropriate place to discuss your issues.

However, since you've posted here, in your case I believe you should be concentrating on looking for something interacting with TeaTimer. Since even my Windows 2000 based PII 400MHz, 512MB, 6.4GB/8.4GB HDD system can complete a spyware scan in about 1 1/2 hours, and only lags a bit at system startup, I really suspect you've either got malware or simply some sort of software conflict.

The common suggestions in this case are to disable all other security software temporarily as a test and if that doesn't help, post in the Malware Removal forum to determine if malware might be causing the issue.

Bitman