Thread: recovery files

Default recovery files

Hi all.
    I want to delete my recovery files as part of a general PC clean up. Is there any problem with that? It is only MRUs etc. from yonks ago. Nothing recent. If so, do I have to do them individually, or can i delete the folder (I assume S&D will amke another).
    Kisboo

Hello,

The files will be emptied automatically.

Please check your settings: run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left. There the three checkboxes in front of "Create backups of ..." should be ticked, so that the recovery works. After 30 days the quarantined files will be deleted automatically. This can also be adjusted in the settings page at "Age of recovery". If you click on that item you can set the period of time.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

No problem deleting them if they are no longer needed. However, the recovery zip folders are password protected so it is easier if you go into Spybot > Recovery and use the "Purge selected items" feature.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks both for you quick response. Sorted. It was Avast that kept telling me it could not scan certain files, which (eventually) i tracked to S&D recovery files,amongst others.Being password protected, that would, I think. explain it.
    Thanks again,
    Kisboo