The following instructions have been created to help you to get rid of "Xenter.Dial" manually.
Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
This illegal dialer installs and adds itself to the system start and starts itself hidden, regardless of what the user decides on the initial execution where an information about the costs are shown.Supposed Functionality:
This info states that the call will costs 2.99 per min, but lacks a currency.
supposed to be some kind of content dialerRemoval Instructions:
Please use Spybot-S&D, RunAlyzer or msconfig.exe to remove the following autorun entries.
- Entries named "ASDPLUGIN" and pointing to "<$SYSDIR>\Xenter.exe -N".
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these files.
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If Xenter.Dial uses rootkit technologies, use our RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
- The file at "<$DESKTOP>\Click Me.lnk".
- The file at "<$STARTMENU>\Click Me.lnk".
- The file at "<$STARTMENU>\Uninstall Click Me.lnk".
- The file at "<$SYSDIR>\Xenter.exe".
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify files!
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.