Thread: Help - multiple ads in IE no matter what I try to do

Default Help - multiple ads in IE no matter what I try to do

I have spent the last couple days trying to fix my daughters computer and it is to no avail. We have used your program plus ewindo plus symatic plus some other thingy i dont even have and the thing keeps on giving. I don't know the file - if I did, it would be gone - heres the symptoms - bring up machine - ewindo finds spyware - something like ad look at me - ok - deletes - then machine comes up . Auto attach to internetthru her lan connection. Go do anything - write a word document, whatever.. a few minutes latter ads start opening up in internet explorer.. she isnt even on internet explorer - they just take off and it keeps giving and giving. I've run everything in safe mode - it doesnt matter... Im sending this same message to all other services.. cause something is not being found and deleted.. maybe in msconfig startup?? It has to be something like that.. thanks for any advice and suggestions - i am listing 2 email addresses - one is my daughters..her name is Heather... thank you.
    Michael Weber

[removed email address's]
    Last edited by LonnyRJones; 2006-04-26 at 20:23. Reason: Removed Email address's

Security Expert-Emeritus

Please go here and follow instructions.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    Post the Hijackthis log here in this thread.
    Someone will then take a look at the system and advise you.

Due to lack of a response this topic will be archived.
    If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016