The following instructions have been created to help you to get rid of "UnoSearch" manually.
Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
UnoSearch installs itself to the System32 folder, changes the IE start page and redirects sites to an unwanted search page.Removal Instructions:
Please use Spybot-S&D, RunAlyzer or msconfig.exe to remove the following autorun entries.
- Entries named "calk" and pointing to "<$SYSDIR>\calk.exe".
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these files.
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If UnoSearch uses rootkit technologies, use our RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
- The file at "<$FAVORITES>\Best Search Engine.url".
- A file with an unknown location named "calk.exe".
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify files!
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.