Thread: how to manually update 1.6?

Default how to manually update 1.6?

I would like to know if there is a method to manually update the newest version of Spybot. Even when I place the separate updates file inside of the Spybot folder the program keeps asking to try to do updates online, how to I tell it where to get the updates file- or how do I do this correctly? Thanks!

You can go to Download page and download Detection updates: http://www.spybotupdates.biz/updates...d_includes.exe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ssndi View Post
    I would like to know if there is a method to manually update the newest version of Spybot. Even when I place the separate updates file inside of the Spybot folder the program keeps asking to try to do updates online, how to I tell it where to get the updates file- or how do I do this correctly? Thanks!
    First download the Spybot updates file from the second link provided by Tom.K above. It will be a file called SpybotSD_includes.exe. Save it to somewhere you can find it afterwards.

Double click on SpybotSD_includes.exe to start the installation of the updates and follow the prompts. Once it has been installed, you can delete the above file.

Now, in regards to Spybot keeping trying to update. Start Spybot, select Mode from the top menu, click on Advanced, then click on Yes. No in the left had panel click on Settings, then Settings again. The settings page will open on the right hand three quarters of the screen. Scroll down the settings until you get to the Web Update group and remove any ticks that are in that group. See the attached screen shot. Now Spybot should only update when you instruct it to do so.

Thumbs up yeeeeeeeeeeees!

thx for the info guys i can scan for problems now on my home com cuz i need to clean it b4 i get internet lol