Thread: Time to scan Firefox bookmarks

Default Time to scan Firefox bookmarks

Firefox_default_Bookmark always appears as the final item during a scan. It does seem to take quite a long time, about 5 - 10 minutes. Is this normal and, if so, why does it take so long? I have a fair number of bookmarks - I'd estimate a few hundred.

My operating system is XP/HE/SP2 and now SP3. My Firefox version is 2.0.0.14 and my Spybot version is 1.6.0.31.

Exclamation

Your version of Firefox is severely out-of-date (the latest is 3.0.4) and vunerable to attack so I would immediately uninstall 2.0.0.14 and Install 3.0.4. I would also thing out your bookmarks and get rid of any you no longer use. If your still have trouble after installing Firefox 3.0.4 try the new Spybot 1.6.1.38 Beta.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The browser scans are one of the things getting benchmarked and overhauled in 2.0, might be able to give a better idea on the reason in a few days
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The browser scans are one of the things getting benchmarked and overhauled in 2.0, might be able to give a better idea on the reason in a few days
    Thanks. I shall await the results with interest. I've taken the hint to upgrade Firefox and I'm now on Ver 3.0.4. I re-timed Firefox bookmarks but it still takes almost exactly 10 minutes to process in SpyBot. If it helps, I've just checked the size of my bookmarks.html file and it's 2796 KB - whether or not this is considered large, I wouldn't know.