Thread: HELP! numerous errors during check -- list index out of bounds

Unhappy HELP! numerous errors during check -- list index out of bounds

Hi, I installed Spybot 1.6 last night, upgrading from 1.5.3. Also, I visited a couple of TV show download sites that I hadn't visited before. Today when I ran spybot, I got huge numbers of error messages reading "Error during check! [filename] List index out of bounds." Many of the file names were scary, like "passive terror". Some were just annoying, like "bargainbuddy".
    I can't figure out how to attach the screens that I printed into a word file to this -- maybe I can paste one here? Nope, that didn't work.

The scariest files were named: Smitfraud-C, Process Guard Killer, Blind Downloader, Passive Terror, but there were dozens. I can't find any of them when I search for them on my computer.

It is already after midnight here in Switzerland, but I will try to stay up late enough to get an answer about what to do.

Many thanks, Rowan

Is the "SmitFraud" and "Passive Terror" results being detected (in red after the scan)? Or are you just seeing it under "Running bot-check..."?

The "List Index out of Bounds" error, when did you start seeing them? Installation? During a scan?
    It seems from that the solution (from previous threads) is to perform a uninstall and reinstall.

Default list index out of bounds errors were from a scan

The "list index out of bounds" error messages were in the results of a scan. There were 48 different ones. The last three items in the scan results were the usual problems to be fixed (cookies from trackers). I ran an additional scan yesterday, and got 51 different "list index out of bounds" error messages, listing a different file name in each message, and one normal message about a problem to be fixed (another tracker cookie).

I sent a message directly to spybot help (not a forum) with the screens printed out and attached in a word document, but I have not heard back. If you have access to that message from me, you will be able to look at the results of the scan directly.

What I am worried about is that these files are actually on my computer as a result of my connecting to the free TB show sites. I am writing to you on a different computer because I haven't wanted to connect to the internet using the computer on which I'm getting the error messages as the result of a spybot scan.

Thanks for any advice you can give me,
    Rowan