Thread: Highlight issue - very new user

Default Highlight issue - very new user

Hi. I am a very new user and am not very computer saavy. Spybot installed just fine, but when I look at the listing under "program files" a number of the Spybot choices that I can open are highlighted. How do I get rid of the highlighting? Thanks in advance and sorry for such a simple thing in comparison to what else is being posted and discussed.

Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm having trouble understand what you mean by "Program Files" and the "highlights". What highlights?

What is your Operating System and what version of Spybot do you use (Help>About).

edgrr,

Are you talking about the All programs menu - Start/All Programs/Spybot -Search & Destroy as shown in the attachment. Normally the Spybot - Search & Destroy would be highlighted and which ever item you have your mouse cursor on in the list under it.

Can you confirm this and as drragostea has already asked say what operating system you are using, and what version of Spybot.

Smile

edgrr,

Sorry, the penny may have finally dropped, perhaps..

If you are talking about newly installed programs being highlighted in the menu, then click on Start, right click in blue area just below the words All Programs. Click on the Start Menu Tab. In the Start Bar and Task Menu properties dialogue, click on Customize. In the Customize Start Menu, click on the Advanced tab then remove the tick from the Highlight newly installed programs. See attached screen shot. This instructions are for XP, I can't remember whether they are exactly the same for Win 95/Win98 and as I don't have Vista I can't help you that.

Default small problem - thank you!

Thank you Greyfox, you answered my question exactly. I'm glad you parsed out what I meant, as answering what version of Spybot and operating system questions...well, it would have been ugly on my end, LOL.

Thank you also draggostea for pitching in...much appreciated!

You kind of confused me there (first post), haha, but you're welcome, and I'm sure Greyfox would say the same.