Thread: Trouble With Startup (virtumonde/smit fraud)

Default Trouble With Startup (virtumonde/smit fraud)

My computer detected a virus and as the virus was working it's magic the bar at the bottom of the screen (with start menu, etc...) would dissappear momentarily and many of my icons didn't reappear with the bar. I ran spybot and it found two different virtumondes, win32 something, and smitfraud. It was late at night so i only had to time run spybot to get rid of them then turn off my comp and sleep. The following day (yesterday) when i attempted to turn on my computer to finish ridding myself of the problem startup only god to windows startup (black screen w/ loading bar) then to the blue screen when it says that it's actually starting except this time it never said it was starting and remained on the blue screen. Does anyone have any advice for me? Computers really aren't my forte.

Thanks,
    Stallion Duck

I have now tried running in safemode and it gets to the screen after loading and won't budge, I'm beginning to assume the worst. Is there anything I can do and could I wipe the harddrive if so how? I have nothing especially important that would need kept.

Thanks,
    Stallion Duck