Thread: quick question about hosts file

Default quick question about hosts file

so I want to know where to get this hosts file that protects against malware and stuff, and also blocks advertisement so you can load a page faster.

Whats it called?

Oh, and another question, just a random one that I think I know SOMEONE has the answer to. You know when the keyboard goes all mongoloid and you write ">" instead of ":" and "@" instead of """ and "_" instead of "?"? It\s like all reversed, what do I do to make it normal again?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Martinx:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinx View Post
    so I want to know where to get this hosts file that protects against malware and stuff, and also blocks advertisement so you can load a page faster. ...
    During the immunization process (Spybot » Immunize), in Spybot 1.5 or above, if the immunization item "Global (Hosts)" listed under "System" is checked, Spybot adds entries to the system's HOSTS file. Those entries equate malicious site names (domain names) to the localhost (your system - IP Address 127.0.0.1), affectively blocking access to those sites.

In releases prior to Spybot 1.5 the facility to add HOSTS file entries was only available by going into Spybot – Search & Destroy » Mode » Advanced mode » Tools » Hosts file.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Martinx:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinx View Post
    Oh, and another question, just a random one that I think I know SOMEONE has the answer to. You know when the keyboard goes all mongoloid and you write ">" instead of ":" and "@" instead of """ and "_" instead of "?"? It\s like all reversed, what do I do to make it normal again?
    Just a guess - Go to the systems Control Panel » Regional and Language Options. Make sure that your Language is set correctly.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

it/s set on united kingdom, although i live in sweden. but the key configuration should still be the same as swedish.

its still like that. i cant type properly. look what it turns out like when i try to type like i normally do:

It\s really hard to type like this ^(that was supposed to be the "and" sign, i even had to do a different key configuration to make these brackets) I need your help, can you help me_

Oh wait! I switched to Swedish, and now it's back to normal! Thanks a lot!:D