Thread: firefox browser

Default firefox browser

Hello all,
    Having read the news on IE being hacked i decided to install Firefox as my default browser, i ticked the box asking if i wanted to transfer passwords, since installing Firefox, my Google e mail account will not allow me to sign in, is this common and can i do anything about it ? I don't really want to remove firefox as it seems much quicker and more secure than my old browser.
    thank you. dic penderyn. :Santa:
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-12-16 at 18:45. Reason: Moved from Spybot-S&D support. :)

not even santa's working now ! try again.

Hello dic penderyn,

You did not say which version of IE you have installed, but don't forget that FireFox has had its own vulnerabilities and lots of them. No browser is immune, it's all about updating.

Do you receive a specific error message when trying to access your Google email account?

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Wink

my Google e mail account will not allow me to sign in, is this common and can i do anything about it ?
    When you say that can't log into your account, what do you mean? Wrong username/password error, can't type anything in the field boxes ect

I have had no problems using GMail in firefox (glad you made the switch )

Seasons Greetings

Default Browser.

Thank you,
    It seems as is my passwords weren't transferred when i changed my browser. my Google e mail doesn't recognize my password, and i can't change it as it's telling me, "this e mail address is already being used"
    I tried to access my Amazon account last night, and I'm having the same message there.
    Thanks, dic penderyn.

To check if the passwords were imported correctly, open Mozilla Firefox > Tools > Options... >Security>>Saved Passwords.

And about the accounts: Mozilla Firefox> Tools> Clear Private Data and tick all of them except Saved Passwords.

Thank you drrago, It looks as if my passwords were lost when i crossed over to Fire fox, I have now set up another e email address with google, and i'm sure i can get around some other minor issues. On your advice i have now ticked the appropriate boxes. So it looks like i,m sticking with firefox.
    It does seem much faster in searching the net !
    So thanks once again. and seasons greetings.
    Dic penderyn

So I can safely assume that everything is working correctly? Gmail's fill-ins are filled automatically right?