Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roar.com assessed as a threat

Quote Originally Posted by bitman
    It would probably be best to make these important links simple HTML that open other pages rather then popup windows using Java.
    It would improve accessibility, also. I highly recommend to do it.

Hi Mikey, no problem about the sarcasm Would be happy to discuss how to get off the Spybot lists, and what we need to do to achieve this.

As for the block lists, that would be great if you could pm me any information you find.

Regarding popunders, it is a configurable option for our customers to use popunders, however we never install spyware/malware/*ware, exploit or not. As part of our vetting processes, we check that after our customers have signed up that the target sites do not attempt exploits or vulnerabilities. Should our affiliates attempt to do so during the course of our relationship, our 24hr customer care team immediately disable any directed traffic, and further action is taken against the affiliate (as per our affiliate terms and conditions - http://darkblue.com/index.htm?mainPa...section=aff_tc)

I checked the links on the bottom of the roar.com page, and it worked fine for me. You don't have Spybot installed by any chance do you? Looks like bitman is right. Seems that when I tested on another box here with spybot installed, the popup didn't work. You see my problem

We've taken your suggestion and changed those links at the bottom of roar.com to simple links instead of popups.

Thanks!

Bill

Esteemed Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roar.com
    I checked the links on the bottom of the roar.com page, and it worked fine for me. You don't have Spybot installed by any chance do you? Looks like bitman is right. Seems that when I tested on another box here with spybot installed, the popup didn't work. You see my problem

We've taken your suggestion and changed those links at the bottom of roar.com to simple links instead of popups.

Thanks!

Bill
    As expected, the simple links work fine now even with Roar.com in Restricted Sites.

Also, please realize that just installing Spybot S&D doesn't add Roar.com to Restricted Sites, this is done by performing the 'Immunize' function. As Mikey stated, Roar.com is likely on several such block lists since they tend to be common to several products.

Quote Originally Posted by bitman
    Also, please realize that just installing Spybot S&D doesn't add Roar.com to Restricted Sites, this is done by performing the 'Immunize' function.
    Agreed, but I would have to assume that people using Spybot would immunize? (why wouldn't you?) Thus why I would like to see roar.com removed from the threats list.

Spybot admins? Anyone?

Hey Bill,

just PMed you.

Flo

Default Anyone there?

Hello,

I have tried contacting Spybot since the 2nd December on numerous occasions, and have yet to hear a response.

I don't know what else to do other than post in the forums to get your attention.

Please PM me or email as soon as possible so that we can move forward and have our entry removed from your threats database

Bill

Default Still no response

Hello,

It has now been well over 2 months since we first contacted Spybot to have our entry removed from your threats database. Time and time again we’ve emailed, and we still have yet to receive a response.

We have done all that you have asked. We have taken your suggestions and made changes to our privacy policy to clarify any points which may have been interpreted incorrectly. We have done this in a timely and efficient manner. Despite this, you choose to ignore our emails and refuse to remove us from your threats database.

It should be noted that our privacy policy has been drafted to comply with the National Privacy Principles outlined in the Australian Privacy Act 1998. (Cth). More information about the Privacy Act is available on the Australian Privacy Commissioner's website at http://www.privacy.gov.au.

We have also respected your wishes, and responded to your questions and concerns via email, rather than enter into a public discussion on your forums. Despite this, you have refused to reply to these emails.

We again ask for you to please contact us so that we can have our entry removed from your threats database.

Regards, Bill

What you are doing is that you spam my private address. Any email going into SNL inboxes that is directed at my private email address as well gets filtered automatically, since I regard that as malpractice :p
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Sent

Hello PepiMK,

FYI I re-sent the email to your reviews department on Friday. If you could check that it's been received I would appreicate it. Apologies for sending to your personal address, but I was concerned my responses weren't being received

Thanks

Bill

Hello Spybot Team,

I haven't received a response, could someone please get in touch with me.

Thanks

Bill