Thread: email question

Default email question

I received 4 yahoo mail emails and the "from" says nobody and the "subject" says (no subject) and I know that something is wrong with them like a virus maybe. I want to know what i should do with them. I do not know who to forward them to or how to do this safely, if anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated! thanks for your time.

Hi there,
    Quote Originally Posted by justime8 View Post
    I received 4 yahoo mail emails and the "from" says nobody and the "subject" says (no subject) and I know that something is wrong with them like a virus maybe. I want to know what i should do with them.
    Does your computer behave as if it is infected?

There is a lot of weird spam out there, just delete them without opening or clicking on anything.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I do not think that I have been infected. But I have been before and in fact just had to reinstall windows. I do not want to delete them as its the only proof that I have. I have not opened them. I get a lot of mail with bad dates or no subject that I do not open. so is there a way to find who is sending these and block them or that ip from sending me anything. and also maybe find out who is there isp and inform them of the harmful intent of some of their patrons. that is why I want to find out who and where they are.

Hello,
    so is there a way to find who is sending these and block them or that ip from sending me anything. and also maybe find out who is there isp and inform them of the harmful intent of some of their patrons. that is why I want to find out who and where they are.
    Much spam is sent from infected machines zombied to a bot net with the address spoofed, so not really no.

if I am infected I may become a party to infecting other peoples computers?
    from infected machines zombied to a bot net with the address spoofed

That is possible, because when you are infected you can join a botnet. When a address is spoofed, it means that the address was forged so it can be "from" anybody. Spoofed addresses can be sometimes be difficult to trace.

Hi there,

I get a lot of mail with bad dates or no subject that I do not open. so is there a way to find who is sending these and block them or that ip from sending me anything. and also maybe find out who is there isp and inform them of the harmful intent of some of their patrons. that is why I want to find out who and where they are.
    if I am infected I may become a party to infecting other peoples computers?
    Receiving such spam is not an indication that your own machine is infected or we'd all be in trouble.
    I do not think that I have been infected.
    Often the case is that infected computers are used to send out the spam.

I want to be sure that I am not a party to that!!! so is there any way to be sure of that? I mean I got comodo and spsd tea timer and avg. and its slowing me down some but not near as bad as nortons. I need to learn how to be sure.Is that possible?