Thread: scanning is now taking 15 minuites!

Arrow scanning is now taking 15 minuites!

Hallo, im new here, not to proffesional on the puter, but can get by.
    I been using SB S&D for maybe one and a half years, maybe longer.
    It always worked good but was very slow. Took roughly one and a half to two hours. Anyway the last two months it is doing its scan in 15 minuites, which is worrying me cos this is new and i have other scanners that take more than a hour and a half. i suspect it (SB) has been comprimised. Also i scan once a week in safe mode and have this same problem in safe, so its really weird. I have now uninstalled SB three or four times in the last 2 months, and reinstalled but wen i get the new download its got all the same old settings and or/ it does the scan very quick imediatly/ or it starts scanning very quick after a few days again.

Heres info on my puter and how i do things.
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3: legal version
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Graphic Card name and chip type: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS
    Sound Devices: Description: SB X-Fi Audio [A000]; Company creative.

Further i have ad-aware, Spybot S&D, and malwarebijtes. These scanners i go into safemode with and scan once a week. also i have avira on realtime.
    I mostly dont use the teatimer, but since my probs with SB have turned it on and off sometimes. I also have tried scanning with SB in default settings , but also advanced. but still have the same problem.
    Firewall is Zonealarm.
    And also i have spywareblaster which i just update to imunize, but thats all.
    I think its funny i should be complaining that SB is scanning so quickly, cos mostly people find it to slow, but this is a new development and is worrying me.
    Any help appricated lisa

Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?

hallo spybotnorma. thanks for quick reply . i did what you said and have now run another scan. it took 17 minuites.
    Not sure whats going on. also after reading some other threads i realised i never get the tip of the day things as well, it does say tip of the day , but theres never a entry.
    i can update. (i think)
    lisa
    Last edited by lisabiziou; 2008-12-22 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by lisabiziou View Post
    hallo spybotnorma. thanks for quick reply . i did what you said and have now run another scan. it took 17 minuites.
    Not sure whats going on. also after reading some other threads i realised i never get the tip of the day things as well, it does say tip of the day , but theres never a entry.
    i can update. (i think)
    lisa
    Hey Lisa,

I've seen that you have a

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

and your scan takes 17 min? That's slow compared to my Prozessor

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 1.86GHz (2 CPUs).

Mine only needs about 14 min altough you've a much better cpu. To make your scan speed faster, you can deactivate your AntiVir Guard while scanning with spybot. Therefore, you shouldn't have a connection to the internet. Furhermore, you should scan your Pc with AntiVir first, like I do.

If you use Spybot 1.6.0.30 with all updates, then I think that your scan speed is ok, but it could be better as you see.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt