Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infected Conhook ooj

Default Infected Conhook ooj

Hello, I have a problem. I have a trojan called conhook ooj and cannot figure out how to get rid of it. I tried to install spybot but the virus wont allow it to install, it will not allow me to windows update, run xsoft tool, and nod32 will not stop it. the virus also prevents me from going to any antivirus website at all. I searched here and did not see this ooj version, Can someone point me in the right direction please. Thanks, Eric

I was able to get hijack this to make a log. The virus wont let that pc get to this site so i copied it to another pc. here it is.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 7:34:50 PM, on 12/17/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Gear\GearHelp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Razer\Reclusa\razerhid.exe
    C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
    C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.09\RivaTuner.exe
    C:\Program Files\EVGA Precision\Bundle\OSDServer\RTSS.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\KhalShared\KHALMNPR.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
    C:\Program Files\Razer\Reclusa\razertra.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\hjp\Hihis.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsusStartupHelp] C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.15\AsRunHelp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch Ai Booster] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Booster\OverClk.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ai Gear Help] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Gear\GearHelp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reclusa] C:\Program Files\Razer\Reclusa\razerhid.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RivaTuner] "C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.09\RivaTuner.exe" /T
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RivaTunerStatisticsServer] "C:\Program Files\EVGA Precision\Bundle\OSDServer\RTSS.exe" /s
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [amd_dc_opt] C:\Program Files\AMD\Dual-Core Optimizer\amd_dc_opt.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EVGAPrecision] "C:\Program Files\EVGA Precision\EVGAPrecision.exe" /s
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIDIA nTune] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" clear
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind...?1204243587264
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/ge...sh/swflash.cab
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: bznaek.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
    O21 - SSODL: ieModule - {24367770-9CFF-4E0A-8123-B0C21B04DAA4} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\ieModule.dll (file missing)
    O21 - SSODL: InternetConnection - {8AB412D9-2CEC-4FEE-9E1F-68D9F4886ADD} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\orzriysmql.dll (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
    O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
    O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
    "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance) http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    All advice given is taken at your own risk.
    Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

Make sure you read and follow the directions, anything else will slow the process and waste both of our time. I suggest you keep this computer offline except when troubleshooting, the junk may download more. If you have any tool I use, delete it and download it new from the link I provide. Read and follow the directions carefully, the tools will not work unless you do.
    The junk can be tough to remove, so do not expect fast or easy.

I apologize for the wait, volunteers are swamped at all forums with infected computers. If you have resolved your issues, please post to let me know so I can close this topic.

Posted above and pinned (sticky) to the top of this forum are the directions. Read and follow the directions completely then post the required Hijackthis log plainly described in those directions, the one you posted is out of date. I will respond with the first directions as soon as possible after you post the correct HJT log.

Thanks
    MS-MVP Consumer Security 2007-08-09
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

Thanks for helping, ya i knew it was wrong one and didnt want to bump my thread. Here is the correct one. I will respond to yours after work. Latest situation is Malwarebytes,xsoft are not allowed to run. windows did update, nod32 finds nothing now even after updating and I cannot install spybot cause the d/l part of install is blocked. Still cannot get to any spyware or av site in explorer or firefox even in safemode.

HJT:
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 10:53:06 PM, on 12/21/2008
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
    Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsusStartupHelp] C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.15\AsRunHelp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch Ai Booster] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Booster\OverClk.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RivaTuner] "C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.09\RivaTuner.exe" /T
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RivaTunerStatisticsServer] "C:\Program Files\EVGA Precision\Bundle\OSDServer\RTSS.exe" /s
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [amd_dc_opt] C:\Program Files\AMD\Dual-Core Optimizer\amd_dc_opt.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EVGAPrecision] "C:\Program Files\EVGA Precision\EVGAPrecision.exe" /s
    O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind...?1204243587264
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/ge...sh/swflash.cab
    O21 - SSODL: ieModule - {24367770-9CFF-4E0A-8123-B0C21B04DAA4} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\ieModule.dll (file missing)
    O21 - SSODL: InternetConnection - {8AB412D9-2CEC-4FEE-9E1F-68D9F4886ADD} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DLLs\orzriysmql.dll (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
    O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
    O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
    End of file - 3601 bytes

Please post the HJT log in Normal Mode.

Thanks
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

Sorry about that :( Heres the right one. Thanks

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 5:29:47 PM, on 12/22/2008
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\XoftSpySE\XoftSpy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    C:\Program Files\ASUS\AI Gear\GearHelp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Razer\Reclusa\razerhid.exe
    C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
    C:\Program Files\RivaTuner v2.09\RivaTuner.exe
    C:\Program Files\EVGA Precision\Bundle\OSDServer\RTSS.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\KhalShared\KHALMNPR.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Razer\Reclusa\razertra.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

--
    End of file - 4225 bytes

There is not a log showing but because of the symptoms, the malware must be hidden from HJT, let's start like this.

1) Please DO NOT ENABLE Spybot S&D TeaTimer while we work together.

2) A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own. This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
    • See this Link for programs that need to be disabled and instruction on how to disable them.
    • Remember to re-enable them when we're done.

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
    • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
    • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply along with a New Hijackthis log.

*If there is no internet connection when Combofix has completely finished then restart your computer to restore back the connections.

Tutorial if needed
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

3) Post an uninstall list: Open Hijackthis.
    Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
    Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
    Click the "Save list..." Button.
    Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.
    (You may edit out Microsoft, Hotfixes, Security Update for Windows XP,
    Update for Windows XP and Windows XP Hotfix to shorten the list
    )
    Image: http://img.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...nstall-man.jpg

Thanks
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

Ok combofix does the same thing as xsoft or malwarebytes. I click run when prompted then it dissapears off screen but stays in task manager for awhile then diappears. Looked on root C and theres no log so i dont think it being allowed to run. Nod32 is not running

I even renamed it and same thing

You have hackers to thank for this and you are by far not the only one. Some folks get combofix or even MBAM to run in safe mode when the hidden malware is likely not to be running. Some folks are finding reformat to be the easiest route:
    http://spyware-free.us/tutorials/reformat/
    http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/how-...stall-faq.html
    http://helpdesk.its.uiowa.edu/window...s/reformat.htm

This last batch of junk is expecially bad, worse I think then even the hackers intended.
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006