Thread: Problems using Spybot

Exclamation Problems using Spybot

I am having two very strange problems with Spybot. I am running version 1.6.0 on a XP Pro machine running SP2 with all updates.
    First, I set up a scheduled task to run Spybot first to update itself and then to run a scan. I did this within Spybot itself.
    Now, I can't access Spybot manually...as soon as I execute the program it goes into the "scheduled" mode and when I try to stop the scanner the program "hangs" (the OK button disappears the second time I click it) and I have to use Task Manager to terminate it. How do I regain manual use of the program????
    Second, TeaTimer is not letting me delete entries in the black list for the registry. I click on the "X", the entry disappears, but it's there again the next time I open up TeaTimer to settings. I've tried manually edit the appropriate file in Docs&Settings\Apps\Spybot, but TeaTimer appears to ignore those changes. What to do? Thanks much!!!

kailasa108

With Spybot closed, go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search and Destroy and delete the file config.ini.

Now restart Spybot, it will generate a new config.ini file using the default settings, which should get around your first problem. I suspect you have set up the shedule to update Spybot each time the program runs, in which case it is doing what you asked it to.

In regards to your second problem, in Spybot goto to Tools/resident and turn off teatimer, exit spybot then Reboot. Go back into Spybot and turn Teatimer back on. If the entries are still present and you can't delete them, please post a screen print of the Black and White list as it then appears, and indicate whether you wish to remove all entries (both black and white) and return to the default status, or whether you need to retain some of your current listed items.

Default Thank you!

Hey Greyfox...your suggestions did the trick!
    Thanks VERY much for you help!