Thread: Spybot S&D (Heuristic)

Default Spybot S&D (Heuristic)

Ran AVG, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then Spybot 1.6.0.30 after starting to get popups about Trojans &/or other threats. Eventually found a bunch of files, mostly by A-M, cleaned things up & now no "system warning" or whatever it called itself for the past 6-7 hrs. Unfortunately, a flash-drive was connected & I foolishly used it to transfer a number of files to another machine - which, of course, now has the same problems! Ok, removed flash-drive & formatted (simple) it using 1st machine. Find flash-drive has "system.exe" & "autorun.inf" on it. Tried FileAssissin - still there. Ran Spybot on just the flash-drive & get the following message:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Spybot S&D (Malware)
    [page symbol] system.exe nothing found
    [page symbol] autorun.inf nothing found

Spybot S&D (Heuristic)
    [page symbol] system.exe nothing found
    ["X" on red disk] autorun.inf Win32.autoit.p
    ---------------------------------------------------
    followed by "Scan finished" and then "close."

Clicking "close" does just that, Spybot is apparently finished.

Can someone tell me what is going on here?
    Thanks
    Peter

The file could be possibly infected, but you can't be sure if it is. Heuristics only gives a probable guess. You might want to upload the file to VirusTotal and see it flags anything.

Thanks drragostea - VirusTotal is a site I didn't even know existed! Many detection programs at least found "system.exe" & "autorun.inf" suspicious.
    Now if I could just find a way to make those files both go away & stay away ... however that's another issue I guess.

Hm, if FileAssasian doesn't work, you might want to consider formatting the flash drive itself. You can format it in My Computer in the right-click menu context.