Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot total shows 15225 protected, but different?

Default Spybot total shows 15225 protected, but different?

Hi. Would some one PLEASE answer, as to why my total of 15225 is reported on the Spybot page, after immunization???????????????? and everyone else at PCPitstop is showing 9,867 blocked.

My total must be wrong, but why?

All are running Ver 1.4.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Might be what's in this post:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3007

My account immunized = 9867
    Logged onto other account = 11653

A difference of 1786

So, 9867 + 1786 + 1786 +1786 = 15225

Thanks for the response.

According to your link, this is caused by multiple accounts.

I have the Administrative account and a guest account, which is turned off.

I am the only user of the HP.

Although the post says that it is not a problem, I must have 3 accounts (If I've understood your totals of [+ 1786 + 1786 +1786 ]). Since this is an error on my PC, how do I eliminate the other totals?

I do have another Pc (Dell/win98se) connected to the modem, but not a wireless setup. And, I have an external harddrive. Would these have any effect on my totals?

Confused.

Is there any "Advisor" available to please answer my question?

I should add, that my Spybot is set for default mode. The reason I added this, is to let you know that I have been given the following advice:

"Well, let me ask you this. Assuming you are running version 1.4, have you gone to "Settings/Ignore products" and unchecked *CDilla* and *Sidestep* under the "All Products" tab? Check the "Pups.sbi" and "Revision.sbi" tabs while there as well. Are you immunizing after each update?
    Now try this, go to "Immunize" and click the "Undo" icon near the top. This will remove all immunization. Now click Immunize and let Spybot replace the immunizations, then run a scan and see how many you get."

So, does someone here at the Spybot Forum think I shyould follow the advice and change from default to advanced mode?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Last edited by rgsmile; 2006-05-07 at 21:38.

Well,if you only have the one account,I'm not too sure why the immunization count is 15225.
    You could try undoing immunization,then reimmunizing,and see what count you get then.
    I'm not too sure why you were told to uncheck cdilla and sidestep in ignore products,that wouldn't have any affect on immunization.
    I'll ask for someone else's opinion on the immunization count,and see what they think.

I appreciate your response.

I'll await your advice.

Do you think I should change from the default-mode to the advanced mode?

Are there any advantages, that will highten security?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

rgsmile:

I have no explanation for a count of 15225 with one user account logged on. The only thing that I can suggest is that you take a look at your registry and see if the is anything unusual in HKEY_USERS:
    • Go into Start > Run… > type "regedit" (no quotes) > then click "OK".
    • Expand HKEY_USERS by clicking the + (plus sign) in front of it.
    • Does your registry look like the "User accounts A" attachment?

After the 2006-05-05 updates on an Windows XP system with one user account the normal immunization count is 9867 as indicated by Zenobia (see attachement "User accounts A"). If a second user is logged on the count would normally show 11653 (see attachement "User accounts B").

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

THANKS, md usa spybot fan, for the come-back.

Mine looks like A.
    S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-1003
    S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-1003_Classes

(I'd have sent screenshot, but the only way I know to do that, is to use "paint".)

What next, coach?

I have not gone into Spybot and removed the immunization and then re-installed it.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

rgsmile:

I use Paint for my screen shots and save the image as a .JPG. After the image is saved it can be attached to a post by going into the "Additional Options" below posting area and in the "Attach Files" section clicking on "Manage Attachments". In the "Upload File from your Computer" section click "Browse...", navigate to the saved image and then click "Upload".

The attached files are limited to 39.1 KB, so large images are not possible. In fact that’s why I had two separate attachments in the post above.

The immunization process also immunizes in these HKEY_USERS accounts:
    • .DEFAULT
    • 5-1-5-18
    • 5-1-5-19
    • 5-1-5-20

As well as the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

As I indicated in my prior post I don't understand why your immunization count is as high as it is, although it is higher by a multiple of the number that would be added with addition users.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks again.

So, I presume, that there is nothing to do, and/or to worry about?

Since I'm still getting the 15225, I'm going to re-install Spybot, but I have 2 questiosn:
    (1). What is "TeaTimer", and/or, do I really need it?

(2). I'm going to get a fresh-install, rather than an over-old-install. Is this recommended, especially since I'm trying to see if my total immunization, will come out different?

I'll await any response.

Thanks again for being here to advise.