Thread: Does SpybotSD protects non-admin users?

Post Does SpybotSD protects non-admin users?

I have Windows Vista Business Edition and i use it with administrative account, i see TeaTimer.exe in task manager and SpybotSD Resident in system tray. That`s all OK.
    And also i looked for it through my mom`s account (i have made for her just "Power User" type of account), and there i don`t see anything of this. Question: does SpybotSD protects only administrative account?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Marsikus:

In a multi-user environment if you want TeaTimer to start for users other than the one who installed it, you must logon as whatever user you want to run Teatimer under, start Spybot S&D > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident > and check "Resident “TeaTimer” (Protection of over-all system settings) Active". This is because the run key entry (startup entry) is stored in the current user (HKCU) Registry hive rather than the local machine (HKLM) hive as follows:

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "SpybotSD TeaTimer"="C:\\Program Files\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\TeaTimer.exe"

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thumbs up

Thank you very much!