Thread: TeaTimer

Default TeaTimer

Okay guys, here's the problem.
    TeaTimer doesn't do anything. Or at least that's what i think.
    Shouldn't it ask me for confirmations on registry changes and stuff ? I know it should, but it doesn't.
    It is activated from Spybot, it is also activated in the taskicon, what is wrong ?
    Thanks in advance

I wouldn't say it doesn't do anything if there were no prompts. As long as TeaTimer is in the taskbar it means that it is activated.

It could be that there has been no registry changes recently. Say like you disable a program during startup, TeaTimer should notify you of that.

All you have to do is make a change, and you'll see some prompts (demonstration).

Quote Originally Posted by iulian28ti View Post
    Okay guys, here's the problem.
    TeaTimer doesn't do anything...
    iulian28ti,
    Teatimer now has a large number of items it "knows" about and which it now doesn't need to ask about. If you hover the cursor over the teatimer icon in the task bar you should see something like 117043 processes blacklisted, 283740 known ratings available. This will change from time to time as you update Spybot. As I understand it, this was done to reduce the amount of operator input needed and to reduce the number of incorrect decisions being made. It is normal now for teatimer to only infrequently need you to make a decision, unless you are constantly installing new software.

I adopt the practice of turning off Teatimer before I install new software. When the installation has been completed, and the computer has been rebooted I then turn Teatimer back on again.

Well, that explains it.

Talking

Is there a way to test TeaTimer? I installed some programs, but it seems that they were all whitelisted

Quote Originally Posted by carat View Post
    Is there a way to test TeaTimer? I installed some programs, but it seems that they were all whitelisted
    If you are using XP goto control panel and if your screen saver is turned off, turn it on. If it's on turn it off. When you click on apply (both ways) teatimer to put up a dialogue. Don't forget to allow the changes.

Thank you