Thread: What is SD doing when I boot up my Internet

Question What is SD doing when I boot up my Internet

What is sd doing when i boot up my internet ? Ever since i downloaded spybot sd 4.1 i have had problems booting up the internet.

I click my internet icon at least three times and still no internet page. Then i run thriugh proceedures like delete history, data files, passwords, and re-enter the home page provider on the general tab in internet options, and still no home page. I will even run through a small process of clicking sbsd 4.1 and it runs through 254 files, brings up the spybot home page for dectecting and still no internet.

Eventually going through these processes and clicking my internet icon it will finally come up.

Is the internet incompatable with sb and how do i correct it?

Anyone have a resonse ?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jgordya:

There is no Spybot-S&D 4.1. What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

What internet browser and version are you using?

What Windows OS are you running?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

[QUOTE=md usa spybot fan;274488]jgordya:

There is no Spybot-S&D 4.1. What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

What internet browser and version are you using?

What Windows OS are you running

-----------------------------------

I am running Spybot 1.6.0 My mistake.

I running Windows Vista Basic

I am on Win32__Desktop
    Last edited by jgordya; 2009-01-04 at 01:57.

I don't think Spybot-Search&Destroy may be the cause of your Internet connection fault.

Did you check your connection to make sure it is properly connected? Do you use a router/modem?

If you want to dig further... try uninstall Spybot and see what happens.

Keep us posted.

[QUOTE=drragostea;274772][FONT="Tahoma"]I don't think Spybot-Search&Destroy may be the cause of your Internet connection fault.

Did you check your connection to make sure it is properly connected? Do you use a router/modem?

If you want to dig further... try uninstall Spybot and see what happened.

I have uninstalled Spybot and still get the same thing.

Have seen information on spybot and it said that spybot can interfere with internet connection. When spybot is installed it goes to a pool of files that interenet could be in so it makes more files to look through or unarranges them enough that there is a problem finding internet file.

This may not be the problem, but, if this was the problem, that is what I am attempting to correct.

And where is the source for this?
    Have seen information on spybot and it said that spybot can interfere with internet connection.
    I am certain that Spybot will not interfere or even touch your Internet connection (unless it is updating). You can rule that out.

It is possible that it is a Internet connection problem. Thing is can you at least connect to the Internet?

Do you use a modem or a router?

Question Internet on modem

I am using a modem

Another mistake I made I did not uninstall Spybot when my internet was already connected it was another software.

Now I am trying to download an updated version of that software to see if I can connect to the internet