Thread: Question about Registry change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityJane
    So user error in closing the dialogue box without checking an action to take
    In the thread at DSLR I asked the user if they saw a Blocked registry changes entry under TeaTimer\Settings concerning ITBarLayout and their answer was yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bladerider
    I have checked the Teatime and there is an entry in there for the ITBarLayout.
    That told me they had previously on purpose or inadvertenly made a "Deny change". Since TeaTimer's reg snapshot prior to the toolbar addition did not have the toolbar as an entry....the user was receiving Registry change denied alert.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityJane
    And that turning off Teatimer and turning it back on again fixed the dilema?
    Since musf says it about as good as anyone I'll quote his TeaTimer\Snapshot explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshot was taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system.
    Last edited by bubba; 2005-10-26 at 03:23.