Hi
I have read the other threads on this subject, but it seems very complicated and time consuming to rectify.
I did a scan a couple of weeks ago and 30 PUPSC were found. I clicked on 'Fix these problems' and deleted all the instances. When I rebooted I had 3 error messages to say some things had not worked on Startup. But clicked on 'Ignore' and finally everything I needed was loaded. One message related to Symantec, and as I do not use their programs, that was OK, and another couple related to the Ask Toolbar, which I also do not use. I did lose the BBC iPlayer icon but that was about it and everything else seemed to work OK.
When I next turned on the same things happened, which was a bit annoying, so I went back to a previous restore point and I am happy.
My question is, are these PUPSC a real threat? My computer is working OK, so it seems, and I am reluctant to change any registry entries as I know this can affect the computer working properly if you delete the wrong ones.
I have Windows XP, I am not using half my capacity, so do not need any more disc space or RAM.
Hope someone can shed some light for me