Thread: Various Problems - Help please!

Unhappy Various Problems - Help please!

Hi there. I recently bought a new monitor. Every since I connected it up there seemed to have been problems. However it may not be the monitor but a coincidence as I have installed some programs since problems have occured.

- Firstly and consistently in the last 2 weeks, my Desktop screen occassionally shifts about 2 inches to the left after Windows starts up. The cions are past the screen and START button at bottom is only half visible. Additionally (and I think it must be connected to that problem) I also find that the type on the application icons on the desktop page are slightly pixelated. This happens when the page has shifted and also on the occassions that the page hasn't shifted at all after starting up. A simple right click, properties>settings then changing the screen resolution to anohter, then back again to the best setting makes it better (however I shouldn't have to each time). So those are two problems.

- Now, in the last 2 weeks, I've downloaded 'K-Lite Codec Pack' (to play certain coded movies I have)and 'Real Player' (to play BBC radio shows).

- In terms of protection, I had Nortons and just Nortons. I didn't want too many conflicting applications as I heard that would harm the function of something like Nortons and conflict. However every since the first problems (pixelation and shifting of screen) I've been looking at my Nortons Anti-Spyware closely to see what files it is looking at. Nortons did NOT detect anything, but I saw some very weird names flash by, like (i quickly noted them down) magicantispy, spyuspotter, wiped5.9, virusbusters6.4, spyhealers, spylocked7.0,antivermins 2.5,spyreaper pro demo, sunshinespy, and oenji as well as FAUXVIRUS\carny_ride.exe. These were either in Program Files or Hikey_Local or docs and settings.

- Becuase Nortons didn't pick up any threat from these I wasn't too sure and the problems still persisted, I read around and downloaded the free edition of Superantispyware (not the latest one as it could be tempermental but 2 versions back) as I read that a lot of people trusted it, thinking this could get rid of my problem with the screen. However tonight just coming on it still persists, eventhough superantispyware did a clean sweep and took out stuff earlier.

So the question is what device would you give if anyone would be so kind as to help. What steps do I take. I'm not sure if the files I saw are linked to the screen problems. I don't get pop ups, or any other major issues, but I did see some dodgy stuff flash by on Nortons and this probl;em is still here every time I turn my PC on.

Many thanks,

Dan

Security Expert: Emeritus

Hello dannyboy

Please see this next

Please follow the instructions in the above thread and then start a fresh topic with the logs required.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2011

Member of ASAP and UNITE since 2006